Sunday, February 21, 2010

S2's 10th Birthday Party

S2 is turning 10 tomorrow!
Time does fly!
Initially, he didn't want to have a party.....but to have the MONEY instead. But did finally decide to have a Sleepover Party. I limited the number of invitees to 5....which increased to 6 and then to 7, when I got initial replies that some will come to the party but not stay over. I think the main reason was more football games the next day. All except 2 of the boys all play in the Coca-Cola League.

Party was held yesterday....Saturday, 20th Feb. The final count of guests was 6. One of the boys wasn't feeling too well after the morning's football match, and was kept home. 3 slepover and the other 3 went home after the party.

This is what we had for the party.....


S2's Birthday Cake
(Assembled to look like the number 10 using mini-cupcakes. BTW, S2's jersey number is indeed 15 which is also used as "is". I even put the white swish NIKE sign on those football boots! Unfortunately, you can't see them on the photo)


Some Soccer Noise-Makers to add to the theme...

Lucky Picks - Some are good stuff. Some are not!
(What's in them? Candies, Pencil Set, Yoyos, Bouncing Balls, Magnetic Game etc)

Some Stuff to entertain the Boys...
Didn't use those sparklers though. And not all boys wanted the tattoos.


I have to say that I got abit worried when the rain didn't seem to wanna stop. I was wondering how to keep the boys entertained...but I needn't worry as they were happy playing with their Nerf Guns (which S2 told them to bring along) and Halo on the XBox. And when the rain stopped at about 4.30 pm-ish, I got them downstairs to cut the cake, and then off to the pool. They had a whale of a time with the water balloon fight. I don't know if the kids are really soooo engrossed playing that they don't feel hungry or thirsty?

Football Pinata
(Hung in the terrace, as it was drizzling for most of the afternoon and wasn't sure if it would stop)


H said that the boys are too old for a Pinata...but I thought that kids would still be thrilled with sweets, chocolates etc and went ahead with the pinata.
And yes. True enough, they did have a fun time whacking the poor ball, and then scurrying to collect the sweets that had fallen on the floor. The boys are indeed growing bigger...after they had collected all their loot, they actually went aside to trade on things that they want/don't want.

A quick change, and the boys were back at Halo and what-nots. Dinner was Pizza from Pizza Hut and chicken drumsticks. Movie was supposed to start at 7 pm, and I intended to put the boys to bed at 9 PM....which was definitely NOT successful. Furthermore, H was asking why I was being such a Control Freak. BUT S2 and another footballer, LD does have to wake up at 7.30 AM the next day!
Well, they did go to bed at 10.30 PM....but didn't sleep till about midnight, and was up at 6 AM the next morning! Surely NOT enough sleep. No wonder the other footballers decided not to sleepover!!

Both H and I left for school with S2 and LD at about 8 AM. S1 stayed back at home with the other two boys who sleptover. Their parents collected them at a more decent time of 9-ish.

As for the RESULTS of today's football match....that's for another post.
:-D

2 comments:

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

Happy belated 10th birthday, S2! I hope you had a gala time :)
Mummy - cool that you have a pool in your home!! If I had that, my boys will soak in it till they are wrinkled as a prune. (Good thing I'm not your neighbour else I will be there everyday! ha ha ha). Nice cupcakes too!!

NomadicMom said...

Bryan and Brandon's Mama - Actually, NOT belated at all. His actual birthday is today!

Re the pool... The boys were only very enthusiastic to jump in for the first two weeks after we moved in. Now? Don't think they know we have a pool! I have to force them to do some swimming before they play their handheld games. And it's like JUMP In and OUT sooo quickly. So I made them swim a Minimum number of laps first.

BTW, my neighbour has even a bigger pool lah. The houses around my area mostly all have pools. If you go to google earth, and find the area of Cipete or Cilandak, and zoom in, you can see all the pools dotted around the landscape.

Re - Cupcakes. Thanks!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker