Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Anyway, did stay and have two cups of latte with the mommy. Chatted for over two hours...and then ended up promising her some cupcakes when I pick S2 up tomorrow. :-P
Thought it sounds kinda bad. Thus, in order to redeem myself, I decided to do some LAST MINUTE shopping to make the house more CNY-y.
Here's what I got....
Anyways, thought that we would be having our REUNION DINNER at a restaurant tomorrow night..... But H called last night, and requested that I make "Siew Yoke" for tomorrow's dinner, and to "Lou Sang" as well. Actually FORGOTTEN that I had bought a "Yee Sang" set when I was back in Malaysia. Lucky H mentioned it...otherwise, it will be sitting in the larder until Xmas!!
Friday, January 23, 2009
I have to say that I am most ill-prepared for this year's festivities. I've not bought any 'pussy willow' nor RED hangings to decorate the house. Neither did I buy the usual traditional new year cookies nor mandarin oranges to serve my guests. Basically, I've not done anything to welcome the Chinese New Year....NOT one bit. NOT even Spring Cleaning (But hey! My house is clean enough!!).
One thing that I'm prepared is to go OUT and EAT at all those wonderful restaurants that are having Chinese New Year specials! I know there is a HUGE risk of me being a glutton.
But FEAR NOT! For I have a bottle of Leptovox on hand to burn all those unwanted fat!
Well prepared, huh???
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Come and "pong chann" lah....
Sis saw the window displays first and mentioned that they were cute....So of course I also wanted to look at them. At Bourke Street, I told boys to go look at the Myer window displays with me.... but NO ONE wanted to. S1 had persuaded H to take him to Angus & Robertson round the corner...and I thought I could persuade S2 to go look at the displays with me. He was already walking away with his dad and brother, looked back at me; waved and said "No thanks, mom!"...leaving me standing there in the middle of Bourke Street ALONE. Like some desolate woman...
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Friday, January 09, 2009
Wednesday, January 07, 2009
Monday, 8 Dec'08
- Depart for Melbourne
Tuesday, 9 Dec'08
- Arrive in Melbourne early AM
- Pick-up Car, Check-in @ Hotel
- Lunch at Chadstone
- Visit old friend, K at her home
- Dinner with Mott and Sandee
Wednesday, 10 Dec'08
- Slept like a piggy till late
- Lunch @ Sharksfin House with Family
- Visit to the Old Melbourne Gaol
- Dinner at Queen Victoria Market
- V's Wedding Rehearsal on Swanston St.
Thursday, 11 Dec'08
- Visit to Werribee Open Range Zoo
- Shopping at Chadstone
- Eureka SkyDeck and Southbank
- Unveiling of Advent Calender at Federation Square
Friday, 12 Dec'08
- Trammed to the City
- Visit to Melbourne Aquarium
- Lunch at the Waterfront @ Crown
- V's Tea Ceremony
- Shopping in the City
- Dinner at Sharksfin House
Saturday, 13 Dec'08
- V's Wedding at Brighton Beach Gardens
- Shopping at Chadstone (again!)
- V's Wedding Dinner at Station Pier, Port Melbourne
Sunday, 14 Dec'08
- Brunch at Ackland St.
- Visit to Luna Park and St. Kilda Beach
- Dinner in the Chinese Restaurant on Punt Road.
Monday, 15 Dec '08
- Dumped boys with Grandparents ...to the Melbourne Zoo
- Lunch at Chinatown
- Search for Scrapbooking shop
- Dinner at Waterfront @ Port Melbourne
Tuesday, 16 Dec '08
- Depart Melbourne for Home
Details and photos to come later.....
This blurr Chinesey woman did get out at the right stop, (Last time we were in Melbourne, we stayed right on Fitzroy St....so this place not entirely alien to me lah...) and reached the restaurant in no time.
And I on the other hand, came EMPTY-HANDED.
THANK YOU, LADIES
LOVED THEM VERY MUCH!
After dinner, the ladies came over to our apartment. Supposed to take pictures....but we were chatting away till we forgot to take the intended photos.
Oh well...I'm sure there will be a next time.
Read Sandee's account here.