Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Blogger Meet-Up

This is a backdated post.
Backdated to last year.... 9 December 2008 to be exact.

Despite of their very busy schedules, Mott and Sandee very graciously met up with me for dinner on Tuesday (9 Dec '08) evening. As I didn't want to bring the boys, nor want to venture too far from our apartment at St. Kilda Road, the ladies suggested that we meet at the restaurant at The Tolarno Hotel on Fitzroy Street.
I happily left the boys (all three of them) to their oven-ready dinners, and walked to the tram stop across from our apartment. A tram arrived quite immediately, and I thought "Wah..so lucky. No need to wait"...and then the tram just whoooooosh passed. Eh??? I didn't know that I had to hail one leh! What to do? Waited for the next tram to come by, and wave like crazy woman!!!
Also blurr-blurr inside the tram. Wondering how to work the ticket machine. Bet people must be wondering where this swa-koo Chinesey woman come from??!?!?

This blurr Chinesey woman did get out at the right stop, (Last time we were in Melbourne, we stayed right on Fitzroy St....so this place not entirely alien to me lah...) and reached the restaurant in no time.
Knew that both the ladies had not seen my face...but I was the only Chinesey woman in the restaurant. So naturally, quite easy to single me out lah.
I supposed I was a little direct.....asking the ladies questions NON-STOP. Come to think of it. It did seem like I was interrogating.
SORRY, GALs!!!!
We had a wonderful dinner and conversation..... the ladies were so very generous. NOT only they both got me gifts, they wanted to buy me dinner!!!!
AIYO!
And I on the other hand, came EMPTY-HANDED.
(Actually, I did want to buy them some handicrafts. Went to the shop on my departure day ...but the shops were closed. HONEST!!!!)
I really really felt soooooooooooooooooo bad.
Luckily, managed to convince them to let me pay for my own dinner. Otherwise, will feel doubly bad.
Gifts from the Gals...
Scrapbooking Kits from Mott
Very very Fragrant Soap from Sandee


THANK YOU, LADIES

LOVED THEM VERY MUCH!

After dinner, the ladies came over to our apartment. Supposed to take pictures....but we were chatting away till we forgot to take the intended photos.

Oh well...I'm sure there will be a next time.
RIGHT??

Read Sandee's account here.

3 comments:

laundryamah said...

i'm now thinking of your expression while telling me about this..kakakakkaa..

NomadicMom said...

Laundryamah - What expression leh??

slavemom said...

Wow... the wonders of blogging. Meeting ppl from all over the world ya.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker