Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Thank-less Job

Being a mom is definitely a thank-less job. Don't you agree?
It is worse when you are a stay-at-home-mom...cause your kids thinks that you do absolutely nothing! These past two days had been horrendous for me in my mommyhood. I don't know whether it is because of the time of the month, the alignment of the moon & stars or what. I seem to be at loggerheads with my two boys. They somehow seem to be taking turns to upset me... 

Yesterday was the worst!  I had a spat with S1 in the morning....and then in the afternoon, it was S2's turn. I tell you this S2 of mine...is a real cunning little fox! Not only he lied...he actually set-up a plot. I know it seems like a small matter, i.e. he didn't go for after-school swimming. But that little fox called me up at 3.20 pm and told me "Mom. I've just finished swimming"...and when he got home at 4.30 pm, maid found that his swimming gear was all DRY. I know kids lie occasionally...but to SET-UP a plan??? Boy! Was I upset! I told him I would rub his lips with chillies for lying and he actually sniggered. More "kik-hei-ngo-pah-foh" man. And even more "foh" when I rubbed his lips with a very potent chilly, and that bugger said "that's kinda nice". WALIOW!!!!!! You say ANGRY OR NOT??

*sigh* Many times, I just wanna NOT CARE. Let them do whatever SH!T that they want. If I don't care, I don't worry. I don't get upset. I don't shout. But being a mom...you just cannot bear it. You wanna help them. Want to guide them to the right path. Want them to have the best in life. So what do you do? 
You care. You advise. You guide. You nag. You shout. 
*Sigh*...It's a vicious cycle.... 

So much for my NOT caring mode, I baked some bacon & onion rolls for the boys' teatime snack.....(recipe courtesy of Kinoko Land)...think I have to reduce the baking time a bit, as the crust was crisping. Did my ungrateful boys enjoy the rolls? Yes. They did....



9 comments:

Leena said...

It's really not easy to raise kids nowadays hor. Too much attention on them and they think we're annoying.

But I'm sure in time they'll know it's for their own good.

Anyway, here's wishing you a happy and a prosperous chinese new year.

bp said...

Hugs for you NM! I know what you mean, my two boys also drive me quite crazy, and crazier now that they are no more so little and innocent!

Your bacon and onion rolls look so pro! No wonder S1 and S2 ate them up! Well done, mommy, keep going, alright! We do what we have to do, coz as you said, you want to give your kids the best in life.

laundryamah said...

mum will always b mom eventho they dun listen n kik us..we still love them unconditionally....that s y v have moms supporting moms....hang in there..

Anonymous said...

Research shows that kids only start appreciating their parents at 22.

g

Anonymous said...

I have my days too... Hang in there and if what anonymous said is true... We got to hang in there for quite awhile!:)

Jonzz said...

Raising a kid is tough. Not that I have kids but I can observe, right?

The problem is kids are unique individuals finding their way in the world and you're the one who's supposed to guide them.

WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

maybe it is the solar eclipse.

But seriously, I can understand what you mean. My sons now still pre-sch age already knows how to "kik" me and worse still rejects me. When I complain to hubby, you know what he says..."They are young, still don;t know how to appreciate you. But you wait and see when they go and take their scroll in future, they will sure be thankful for what you are doing for them". Now...I am not sure if that is comforting??

stay-at-home mum said...

Its not easy. I have the same problem with my kids. Sometimes I wonder what I am doing at home, and whether I am doing more harm than if I just kept quiet and let them do their NONSENCE!! But like you said, how can??

But those rolls sure look yum!

NomadicMom said...

Shern's Mom - Happy New Year to you too!
Ya lah. Kids these days are so spoilt and don't know how lucky they are!!!

bp - Tell me about it. Not one day goes by without me screaming at my two boys. They just have to drive me CRAZY!!!
As for the rolls, am quite surprised that my S2 ate it too...he doesn't eat BREAD or PAU, you see...

Laundryamah - Kik us. Kik us... and then run away with their wives!!! Booo hooo hoo...

g - Really? 22 Years old? Still a long way wor...

mom2ashleyaidsn - Aiya...really still some ways to go leh..

Jonzz - I need to start letting go and letting them fumble to find their way...but sometimes they really drive me up the wall lah. How to tahan and let them be???

WMD - Eh. My H also said that the boys are still YOUNG blah blah blah. How come men think alike or what??

SAHM - Yeah. I also want to leave them to do their nonsense ...but really. How can??????

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker