Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Pin has FINALLY Dropped....

...Was wondering when the maid is going to do something wrong. 
You know how it is, right?
There is NO such thing as a perfect maid.
And thus, I was literally waiting...waiting to see when she is going to go wrong. 
It's like in a reaaaaallllly quiet room, and you just cannot believe it is so quiet that you are literally trying to hear a pin drop. Know what I mean??

Well, Tuesday night...she asked me what's the boys gonna have for breakfast. I told her toasted cheese sandwiches, and asked if she's used a sandwich toaster before. She said yes, BUT I told her "It's okay. Nevermind.  I'll come down in the morning to show how to make the sandwiches."
Next morning...I came down, I saw two sets of sandwiches already made.
Waaa..you would think "OK lor." Then I asked her what did she put inside as filling.
She said "NOTHING". 
ADUH!!!  Stupid or blurr or what???
I told her to eat them up lah....and then gave her a lecture about WAITING when I tell her to WAIT. Don't be a smart-alec!!!!

Then I saw the oven was NOT turned-off. She had oven-roasted some chicken for the boys' lunch earlier. All she did was turn the knob to some funny function, and lower temperature. NOT OFF. I tell you... ANOTHER lecture from me about ELECTRICITY and SAFETY!!

Not only that, later...I was trying to give her instructions to prepare the fillings for the chicken pie...and she turned away to continue with the wiping of the kitchen tops.
WALIOW! I cannot tahan this. I thought it's pretty rude.
ANOTHER LECTURE about manners. 
Told her to have EYE contact with me when I am speaking.....YES. I know my eyes are scary. She can look at my nose or my forehead instead!

And I did say her cooking is NOT to our taste. Her soup is rather tasteless and I now know why...She "kuann-thong" rather than "pou-thong"...even when there is ample time. Of course, the soup has NO oooomph lah!!! Thus, she has LOTS to learn to cook OUR WAY. 

There.... My maid is NOT perfect..

After all this maid business, I met a friend for lunch...and of course I was telling her all about the mistakes that my maid did. My friend "So? You sound like you are relieved that she has finally made some mistakes?"..
Actually...yes. I have to admit that I am kinda relieved that the pin has FINALLY dropped...
:-)

So now to see if she will last ....




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! You are really funny, looking for her mistakes. LOL! I agree with you, there is not perfect maid. Sure got something hidden in the closet...

Anonymous said...

me too also anticipating some major wrong doings from my new maid. no maid is perfect is u said.

Anonymous said...

seow la u! liddat oso can..but hor still considered very good lor..

Sweetpea said...

no one is perfect! sounds like she's ok, but like you said, need to learn to do things your way. but at least she takes the initiative to clean.

Anonymous said...

why you so weird wan? Let ME tell you about MY maid. One day last week, I said to her "L, throw this down the chute. No need to put in another plastic bag". She was about 4-5 feet away from me, bent down rummaging through a bag. No response. I had my arm held out holding that stupid bag. S and I looked at each other, thinking maybe she didn't hear me although I was quite loud and she wasn't far from me. I called again. Then she looked up. And when she did, straight away she took the bag from me. So I asked her, "Did you hear me?" "Er, yes, mam, but I don't understand what you said". "So, you heard me? You heard me call your name?" "Yes, mam" I tell you, I exploded. She didn't even blardy look up when I called her.
If not for all the unpacking, I would've sent her back already!! Now I have to curse my days through till after we get back and when the unpacking's almost done.

D

Anonymous said...

wow...reading your story, i guess it must be hard for both you and maid. I/We have never had maid in our life so far,so i can't really imagine how if i have an outsider living with me under the same roof. But i hope she will work out your way soon and harmony work together :) Good luck Nomadic Mom.

NomadicMom said...

ShoppingMum - Otherwise, I will be wondering When? WHen? When is she going to give me a fright with something big???

Wen - Yup. You can say that again!

Laundryamah - Not seow. Just realistic. But she is quite good lah. At least, she does things without being told lah..

Sweetpea - At least, She's also got quite a smiley face lah. Some maids only give you "foo hau foo meen"!

D - I think your maid let her ex-Arab employer whack until abit "Sott sott" liow...

KinokoLand - Think for us, it's the other way round. So used to having a maid. At one time, there was a possibility that we might have to move to Japan. I have to say that I was pretty nervous that I would not be able to have a maid then. Hee hee... we went to Bangkok instead....

Anonymous said...

"I know my eyes are scary. She can look at my nose or my forehead instead!

LOL!!

NomadicMom said...

DQ - Heehehe...You saw my pic "deer caught in the headlights" on FB???

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker