Saturday, January 24, 2009

Jumbled..

Happy Birthday, SIS
Hey, Sis No.2. 
Just wanna wish you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Hope you liked the flowers and cake.


My Buddha
Remember my Buddha painting? Remember how my H critiqued the shadow? 
Well, I have done some re-touching on the shadow as well as on the wall and cracks. 
What do you think? Compare with the old painting here

Quiet House
House is especially quiet this evening.
Why???
My S2 is over at his friend's house for a sleepover. That's why.
Otherwise, boys would be fighting and screaming at each other. And I in turn, would be shouting and screaming at them!!
It's really GREAT when my kids are away on a sleepover. The only thing that I worry about is that they might embarrass me with their bad-manners at people's house. You know what I mean?
On the way to the friend's house this afternoon...
Me - Aye....you better behave yourself, and don't be rude etc.
S2 - Yeah. Sure. I hope we go to the Mexican Restaurant for dinner tonight.
Me - Eh. Asking to go to a Restaurant is NOT good-mannered, okaaaay???
S2 - I know! I said HOPED!!!!
Anyway, did stay and have two cups of latte with the mommy. Chatted for over two hours...and then ended up promising her some cupcakes when I pick S2 up tomorrow. :-P


Cupcakes that I will Make...
Remember the wonderfully decorated cupcakes that I learnt to make in PJ? 
The ones shown below here...???
Like I said...these are just for FUN, and that I doubt I will decorate my cupcakes this elaborate.
True enough....... 
Look at the cupcakes that I made today....  
Far cry, huh????
Hehehehehehehe


Not Home Yet...
H is still not home yet.... only arriving home tomorrow morning. Really want to emphasize the meaning of REUNION in our CNY REUNION DINNER! He just left Narita not too long ago, and should be arriving in Singapore late tonight. Hoped he remembered to buy those Japanese biscuits and mochis back for greedy 'ole me.


My New Maid, T 
Yes. Yes. She's not perfect. But she has the right attitude, and is quite eager to learn our ways and habits. I could do worse. Much worse... 
Hiring a maid here is rather different from that in Malaysia. Here, the maid can just leave whenever they like. So, one must somewhat manage the employer-maid relationship so that the maid is 'happy' working for you, but still 'under your control'. Know what I mean??
Hopefully....I won't have BIG complaints about my maid that I need to blog about!
:-)

5 comments:

bp said...

Is H back liao? Happy reunion, have an ox-picious year ahead, Nomadic Mom, you and your family! GONG XI FA CAI, WAN SHI RU YI! And wow, those cupcakes look really professional, great job!

Anonymous said...

wei here the Indon maids also LEAVE whenever they like also ok, plus we have to pay the bloody fine for it too! Bleah!

Eh the updated version of the painting is much much better than the previous one!! well done my pal!

Gong Hei Fatt CHoy!!

Anonymous said...

Your painting is much nicer now. In the earlier, the shadow actually looks like it's looking sideways. But very nice though.

g

slavemom said...

Gong Hei Fatt Choy!
Ur new painting has more obvious cracks n lighter shadow. Looks nicer in comparison, but the old one's edi a "wah...". More importantly, wat did ur darling critique say? :D
So wat's ur menu for reunion dinner? Got special requests samo. Everything sounds so yummilicious!

NomadicMom said...

bp - Yes. Yes. He came back on Sunday morning.
Those 6 cupcakes took a total of 3 hours to decorate!! Definitely not going to do those at home lah...too time consuming.

Laundryamah - There, the Indon maids leave and then they become illegal, so perhaps they think more deeply before they leave??
Over here, suka suka they leave.

G - Thanks. I think it does look more realistic now.

Slavemom - My H did say that it looks more "natural".....

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker