Tuesday, January 13, 2009

So Far So Good...

Errr... I know that I said that I won't leave the maid to cook on her own in my last post.... BUT I did. H wasn't coming back for dinner, and I had a heavy Korean BBQ lunch with some friends this afternoon. So, just took out some chicken thighs and broccoli, and got her to cook for the boys. She made it in her style. The chicken in soya sauce was a tad salty...otherwise the taste is alright. Though I didn't eat dinner, I did have a quick taste of the dishes. The broccoli was slightly over-cooked for my liking and again, too salty. Told her to REDUCE the salt/sauce next time. She's gonna make Fried Rice for the boys' packed lunch tomorrow. She seems quite eager to make all sorts of foods for the boys' breakfasts and lunch... asked me about Spaghetti, nuggets, egg sandwiches, seafood fried rice, sausage omelet, squid tempura etc etc.... Told her that I would bring her grocery shopping one of these days when H has dinner at home (he's busy whole of this week...), and she can whip out her various la-sau-siu-choy!!

I thought I would have to spend ages explaining to her about the different cloths and mops in my house; i.e. kitchen cloths MUST be separate from other cleaning cloths; outside mops from inside mops etc etc.... I think she must have worked for a STRICT household. Not only that she knows that the cloths are to be separated, she even requested more CLEANING cloths so that she could segregate "Cleaning furniture cloth" from "cleaning windows cloth". This is the first time, I have a maid requesting MORE cloths!!! She said it would be cleaner. 
Normally, I am only picky that my kitchen cloths are NOT mixed with the other cleaning cloths...

She told me that she would mop the floors morning, and then evening..... She had a really SHOCK look when I told her NO NEED. Once in the morning is good enough. Hahahahh... Really. Aiya...boys are at school till 4.30 pm three times a week. The floors are clean enough with a mop once a day. 

The only hitch was yesterday's laundry..... My front-loading washing machine takes awhile for one cycle.....I had quite a lot of laundry (since I didn't do any on Sunday, plus my sheets were changed yesterday too), and she waited and waited...At 2 pm, most clothes were still un-laundered. I told her to just hand-wash the rest...rather than wait for the washing machine.  She did hand-wash them, but then waited for the washing machine to do the "SPIN". She said that with the rainy season, it's best to spin the clothes so that they would be dryer... FAIR ENOUGH lah... Today? Things went more smoothly.... Hehehehehe... 

So...hopefully things will work out...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suddenly, I feel like I want to have a maid, but she has to be as good as yours!

WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

Wow sounds like you can goyang kaki now with this maid.

Anonymous said...

Having a good maid makes a whole lot of difference!

stay-at-home mum said...

Looks like thingss are working out with this maid~! Wish me luck. Gonna change both as soon as the festive season is over!!

Anonymous said...

sounds like yours is way better than mine! mine, go in one ear, come out the other. seriously thinking of changing after CNY.

D

NomadicMom said...

Shoppingmum - I actually went through like 5 maids in 10 months when living in Bangkok. After that, I just gave up and decided to just have my part-timer...
Eh. Now the maid is new....sure more eager to do things...Perhaps when things are more settled, she also become more lax and lazy.

WMD - Sorta. At least can start with my usual activities outside the house lor..

DQ - Still keeping fingers crossed.

SAHM - SO far so good lah. But you know maids lah...Overnight can turn into PONTIANAK one...
What's wrong with your two maids? Thought you had them for awhile??

D - Wa..really that bad? But back in KL, she like very good girl.... Heheheh..Maybe to other people lah but NOT the maam.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, too smart also got problem. ya like you say, still new sure very rajin. After few months, fuyoh, dare not think. But part-time maid is better. Anytime also can fire her.

slavemom said...

Good for u! She sounds quite 'seng mok'. Hopefully she'll keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

it's not that she (d's maid) is bad girl but so ultra duh-duh! i see D like more stressed out with a maid and without one!

anyway cheh she sounds like a dream maid hehehh

v

NomadicMom said...

Hijackqueen - Over here, the part-time maids are usually those that work for ang-moh expats. A NO-NO in my books!

Slavemom - Quite "seng Mok' but still got to teach her to OUR styles of doing things... or rather my styles of doing things.

V - Yeah..sometimes with maid can be worse and more stressful without a maid...
Eh...cannot say this one is dream maid lah. NO maid is a dream maid. I'm still waiting for pin to drop!!!

bp said...

Glad to hear things are off to a nice start with this new maid, and she sounds v enthusiastic abt chores and cooking too! Eh, may i borrow her... these days, if moi get to vacuum and mop our floor once a week, I'm very happy liao! think you won't be able to take my low stds =( bo bian lah!

NomadicMom said...

bp - Eh...when I have no maid, I only mop my floors every 3 or 4 days lah. When no maid, have to lower standards lah. When have two maids, then of course standards must be elevated sky-high!! hahahahah

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker