Tuesday, January 06, 2009

PJ Escapade

Why escapade??
Escape from housework, that is!
Ten days of NOT doing anything but eat, sleep and yak!!!!
But seems like I can't really escape this housework.
Came back on Sunday evening...and maid went off this morning.
More about this in a separate post. 

Back to my escapade in PJ
One productive thing that I did do was to attend a fondant moulding class over at Jaya One with 3 of my sisters and 2 friends. It's a three hour class where we learned how to mould half a dozen 3-D figurines.

Here's my masterpieces...... 

Ta-daaaa....

My Masterpieces in detail....

Teddy Bear...
(eerrrrr...supposed to be Pooh Bear but don't look like him lah)

Beautiful Swan

Afternoon Tea for One
(errr...too lazy to make another tea-cup. So drink alone lah!!!)

Butterfly
(No other colours available...so had to use this not so nice colour to paint the butterfly)

Frosty the Snowman
(think this is the best amongst all)

"Hantaran"
(donno why it's called Hantaran)

My sisters' and My Masterpieces

Our Group with the Teacher
(Can you tell which one I am??)

Anyway, I didn't get to EAT everything on my list
It's a case of "Soooooo many things to eat. Soooooo little time!!!"
I find a lot of the foods that I had did not taste as good as I remember. 
Donno whether it's because the quality has dropped or that my tastebuds have changed.
But I have to say that the chue-yoke-meen from Champs is still very good. Was very satisfied with my lunch there. Too bad that I didn't have enough time to go and have another bowl. :-P

Met up with some friends... but didn't manage to meet ALL. 
Better than nothing ler.

Bought stuff to stock-up. Stuff like Colgate (didn't buy that many tubes this time since not that cheap now...), Alcon contact lens cleaner (H prefers this brand), Bak-Kwa, Kai-chai-paeng, Hiong-Paeng, Kuaci, Yue-Sang Condiments, Maggi Mee (we have all sorts of brands but no Maggi Mee. Boys prefer Maggi lah), PoYing Pills, Chicken Essence, etc etc. 
No photos lah. Too lazy.

Also did our 6-monthly dental check-up. Actually, just S2 and I. S1 has his regular orthodontic check-ups here. Why do we do it in Malaysia?
Cheaper lah..
I know the insurance covers it, but I still prefer to do it in Malaysia if I can.

Think that sums up my ten day trip home to PJ

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does that mean all of you can start business liao?

g

Anonymous said...

those are really nice deco. i wanna go too!

Irene said...

vy nice le, ur masterpieces :)

Jonzz said...

Wow, your creations are very good!

laundryamah said...

ok my comment nothing to do with ur post...hahaha..to reply to ur comment, i bot those shoes before I met u la..

slavemom said...

Vy nice work! But ur Pooh has become a Mouse. hehehe
So managed to buy kuaci from pasar malam?

LZmommy said...

The cupcakes look lovely! I can do something like that :)

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

Impressive! Sounds like a very fruitful trip by home!

NomadicMom said...

g - A bunch of lazy bums lah. Anyway, these only do for fun one. Doubt that I will actually do it at home.

Wen - Ya. They have alot of differet type of classes...

Irene - Thankiu. Thankiu.

Laundryamah - Oh. Okay. Tot you must go out and buy kau-kau.

Slavemom - Now you said it, it does look like a mouse hor??
Bought my kuaci from Jusco instead.

Jonzz - Thanks for the compliment

LZMommy - Most important i to have patience.

Bryan and Brandon's Mama - Not bad a trip lah... :-)

Mamapumpkin said...

Wah...so much patience. Looks like a fun thing to do though! Nice work!

NomadicMom said...

Mama Pumpkin - It's quite fun when you get a group of friends and do it together....

Anonymous said...

wow, very cantik and cute.... if there is any classes near my place, i wish to join and learn too, really interesting :) Hope to see more of this in your blog again.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker