Monday, January 19, 2009

S2 is Back in School...

After my last post, S2's temperature was still hovering around mid-37s deg C. It was agonizing to wait and see....  whether to wait wait wait or just take him to the clinic for a blood test. I didn't want him to suffer a needle prick unncessarily. Thus decided to FORCE him to have a nap first before deciding. When he work up about 5-ish pm, his temperature was in the low-37s; and I thought I'll wait till later (as doctors at the clinic would be available till 10 pm, with the labs running 24 hours). By around dinner time, his temperature was normal already. And by bedtime, it was lower than 36.9 deg C. At first, I thought I'll keep him at home today....just in case. But he wanted to go to school..... Monitored him through the night, and this morning. 
Fevers Gone. 
So off he went to school this morning. (Did write a note to his teacher to excuse S2 from all sports/swimming activities this week!)

Aiya... I tell you ah.. these kids ah...simply give wrong information. H called this morning (he had gone to the States on Saturday morning) ...donno why he called S1's mobile. That fella told the dad that S2's fever had gotten worse. Of course, H got worried lah...and wanted to talk to me immediately. Aduh!!! Apa-lah. Give wrong information!!!!

Hopefully everything is A-O-K now....

2 comments:

slavemom said...

Phew... glad to hear that S2 is no longer feverish. I know how torturing it is to wait n c. But he was active during that period, so a bit less worried.

NomadicMom said...

Yeah. Yeah. Agree...If he was lethargic am quiet, I certainly would be VERY VERY worried!!!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker