Saturday, January 24, 2009

CNY Preparations.....

As per my last post, I really did NOT do any CNY preparations.
Thought it sounds kinda bad. Thus, in order to redeem myself, I decided to do some LAST MINUTE shopping to make the house more CNY-y.

Here's what I got....

Flowers for the House

Mandarin Oranges

New Year Cake

Tried to put up some CNY decor from last year...found out that my RED lantern lights have ALL gone wonkers, and had to be thrown out. The little ang-pow hanging-thingys were also NOT in good shape....which means I have to throw them out too...

Old AngPow Hanging-Thingys 

Anyways, thought that we would be having our REUNION DINNER at a restaurant tomorrow night..... But H called last night, and requested that I make "Siew Yoke" for tomorrow's dinner, and to "Lou Sang" as well. Actually FORGOTTEN that I had bought a "Yee Sang" set when I was back in Malaysia. Lucky H mentioned it...otherwise, it will be sitting in the larder until Xmas!!

"Yee Sang" Set from Malaysia

Forgot to buy the salmon, white radish and pear for the "Yee Sang"... another dash to the supermarkets tomorrow to get these necessities!

So, the menu I planned for our DINNER ....
- "Yee Sang"
- "Siew Yoke"
- "Saang Choy Pau
- Baby Lobster with Ginger and Spring Onion
- Steam Pomfret
- Lemon Chicken
- Crabmeat and Sweetcorn Soup

After looking at the list...seems TOOOOO MUCH for the four of us. Since will have salmon in the "Yee Sang", thought that I'll scrape the Pomfret. What about the Chicken or the soup??? Which one to eliminate from the menu? Or both??
Will just ask H when he gets home tomorrow morning....



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey i bought the exact yee sang set from jusco - it was pretty good! I added pear, carrot, pomelo and salmon sprinkled with lime. made it look quite impressive - shall upload the pics when i get them from a friend!
Anyway the fish dish is quite an essential cny dish - "The pronunciation of fish (魚yú) makes it a homophone for "surpluses"(餘yú)".

v

NomadicMom said...

V - I forgot about the pomelo. So just added pear, carrot, salmon, white radish and some cucumber...
As for the fish...SALMON IS A FISH!!!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker