Friday, January 09, 2009

Maid Really Gone...

Yup! She's gone.
Gone back to her village; and not coming back.
All her stuff were still as she left them.

Had a short chat with the driver on the way to Carrefour (Alamak! Swore that I won't go to Carrefour ever again!! What sucker, I am!!!) with regards to maid/her son/ her husband etc. Apparently, one of my guards also put the blame on her husband. He should have taken the kid to the hospital earlier. He waited too late. He was also the one that forced the wife to be discharged from the hospital before she was ready. Anyway, whatever it is. Too late already.

Told driver to call and speak to my maid directly...whether she wants to come back. Will wait for her if she needs a week, otherwise she has to pack and collect her things. After my shopping, driver confirmed that my maid does not want to return to the city...the city of sadness for her. She requested my driver to pack her stuff, and she'll send someone to pick them up. Driver did put her things away for her immediately after our return from Carrefour. 

Meanwhile, I've been scrubbing, mopping, washing, cleaning, ironing etc etc.
Thus...EVERYWHERE HURTS LIKE H@LL now!!!!!!
Errr...didn't help with me going to the gym on top of that. :-P

Boys had been TRYING HARD TO HELP...
S1 helped by washing all the dishes after dinner.
S2 cleared the table, and wiped too.... 
Then I asked S2 to bring some blankets down (those that we use while watching telly), and he accidently kicked H's kuaci container, which incidently was UNCOVERED and thus kuaci strewn all over the floor.
And you know what my little fella did?
Instinctively, he swept the kuaci from the floor and washed them, then put them back in the container. 
When he told me a matter of factly, I just burst out laughing.
Of course I didn't scold him.....(did find alot of un-swept kuaci still on the floor though)

Anyway, the "agent" (that's not really an agent) will bring someone over on Sunday evening. Evening because S2's class is meeting for a fun day at the water-park in the day. Plus, we probably wanna go out for a family dinner (don't wanna cook lah...lazy)


4 comments:

Irene said...

hmmm... kesian ur maid, but sigh.. too late. hope she will be ok :(

at least S2 tried to help! hehe... cute, good boy

allthingspurple said...

oh, she lost her kid? oh the poor dear.

yea, the first few days will be bone breaking but you will be slimmer for it. hee hee. I admit i have lost quite a bit in my 2 years of maidless days.

and the kuaci..ROTFL..that is classic !! you can save that story for his girlfriend when he is older !

stay-at-home mum said...

Good luck in choice of new maid!

NomadicMom said...

Irene - Yeah. Hope she'll be okay. Despite my occasional complaints about her, she is better than alot of maids lah....

AllThingsPurple - Probably was a real shock to her...
No lah. DOn't think can survive long term without a maid. Then I won't be able to go out leh.... :-P
RE - S2 and the kuaci...I'll just point his girlfriend to read my blog. Hahahha

SAHM - Got one today...will see how it goes...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker