Tuesday, February 03, 2009

All in a Day's Work...

Not that I actually work WORK. :-P
Today is definitely a productive day....

Woke up at 6 AM (as I always do on school weekdays) and showed maid how to make fluffy pancakes for boys' breakfast. After boys left on the bus; didn't go back to bed (as I usually do!!!  ). Managed to finish reading the book "Inside Islam" (okay...I skipped a few chapters ...hehehehe), and then the day's papers (not that there's much interesting news other than the depressing worldwide financial turmoil).

Then it was time to go to the Newcomers' Coffee Morning at the Heritage Society. Oh Yeah. Figured that I should learn a little bit about our host country before we leave.... As mentioned, we might be leaving in August (Where to? I donno.) or not!!???!?! Either way, no harm done. Became a member and will be joining the Explorers Group, whereby we will visit places of interest every fortnight. Errr... my first visit would be the National Museum next Wednesday. Yes. Yes. I am not exactly a museum girl...but but but...... 
Anyway, the Coffee Morning ended with a Lion Dance Performance (my first for this OX year), which was just in time for my lunch appointment with fellow Malaysian ladies in the adjacent shopping mall (how convenient!!!)

Thirteen LOUD women Lou-Sang over at the Crystal Jade Restaurant. Other patrons were staring at us when we left the private dining room!!! After lunch, received a telephone call from an old friend from Bangkok.... met when we were living there. Chatted for quite a bit, and had some updates about another Bangkok friend. 

Did some grocery shopping at the mall's supermarket...and then headed home. 
As I would be going to another Coffee Morning (this time, to meet mommies from S2's class), I told the Class Mom that I would bring some muffins. So I had to get to work the moment I stepped into my house. Made 2 dozen of these gooey jam mini-muffins. Will only be bringing 10 to the Coffee Morning. 

My Jam Muffins from 'The Domestic Goddess"


Malibu-laden Coconut Cake


After all the baking, it was time to make dinner. LASAGNE.
With a new maid...naturally I had to show her how to make the meat sauce, cheese sauce and then assembling the dish. Once done, a quick shower...short chats with boys and it was dinner time. 

Surprisingly, boys ate their dinner pretty quick. No screaming  nor shouting from mommy today. Not this morning. Not when they came home. Not over dinner. Not after.
WOW!!! Today must be my lucky day!!! 
Think last week's SHOUTING episodes involving the boys MUST DEFINITELY be due to the Solar Eclipse!!!!

And now...I'm updating my blog. Not bad for one day, huh??

2 comments:

mommy of 3 angels said...

i want your job!!!

heheheheh

your maid's job also preetiii nice...get to watch cooking show from you (a.k.a. goddesssss!!) hahahhaaha

NomadicMom said...

mommy3angels -Thought I remembered that you said that you DON'T wanna be full-time mommy....You'll go "ci-seen" was your exact words...heheheh

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker