Tuesday, February 03, 2009

This and That...

Donno why I used this title.... Basically, this will post will be mish-mashed.

Goodies from H
H came back home from his work trip to the States on CNY eve. Not much stuff for me other than these (not that I am complaining)...

Mochi from Narita

MAC Eyeliners

Prada Toiletries Bag


"Ho Mia"
H came home last Friday and announced that his company has implemented NO INCREMENT NO BONUS worldwide throughout all ranks of staff, with immediate effect.
Aiyo. With this worldwide financial crisis, still have a job is "Ho Mia" (good-life) already. Don't even dare think of increment and bonus lah. Everyday, all you read in the newspaper are BANKRUPTS, JOB CUTS and MORE JOB CUTS. D@mn scary!! And 5 minutes ago, the ticker on CNN flashed something about 20 million unemployed workers in China.... 
ADUH! Scary. Scary. Scary. 

Snowy London...
Sis mentioned that she was snowed-in and couldn't get to work in London....This brought back memories to the time when I was a student. Didn't realize that it was almost 20 years ago until I heard it over the news "Worst snow for almost 20 years.... in the year 1991....". Wah... So long ago ah???? I so old liow meh??
I mean London does have snowfall, but the snow seldom collect. But that year, the snowfall was rather significant. The temperatures was pretty low too.....the snow was too cold even for snowman-making. Can't remember if the tube service was suspended or if classes were
 cancelled. But I do remember having to lug my dirty laundry all the way to the coin-laundromat, in the snow...and finding that I do not have my wallet with me. Thought I had dropped it along the way. 
Can you imagine the scene? 
A frantic chinesey woman with a BIG bag of clothes treading along the snowy path staring on the ground??? Summore I used to wear this yucky dirty brown jacket. Probably look like some bag-lady. Treaded all the way back to my flat, and found my wallet sitting nicely on the table. WALIOW! Blady frustrated!! 
There. My snowy memories of London.

Work-in-Progress
These are two of my current work-in-progress in the "Painting Department". They are the Angkor Wat ruins. I've used a powdered-media to apply to the canvas to create a textured 3-D effect. This will be the base before I apply the oil paints.
Forgot to take a photo before I started....
Will post the completed paintings once I'm finished. Will start on the oil paints next Monday...

"Not Developed Yet"
Over dinner the other day, S2 was telling me about his friend, "Mom. L is very hamm-sapp. When playing tag, he tagged the girls by touching their chest".
Me  - Errr...The girls don't have anything on their chest yet. But yes, you are right. Cannot simply touch.
S1 -  Mom. You should say "the girls' chest are not developed yet"
Waliow..... this coming from my 11-year old.


17 comments:

Wang Tai Tai - 王太太 said...

Hi Nomadic Mom! Thanks for coming over to my blog :D Gong Xi Gong Xi to you too. Yes, you are right, still being employed is 'Ho Mia' indeed. My hubby also didn't get any bonus and increment but we are thankful that he still has a job... for now.

Jonzz said...

Interesting oil paintings. I expected more colours.

Ha ha ha, kids say the darndest things.

I am Princess Misha's Mum said...

It was snowing heavily on the day we left London .. but the whole city was so beautiful .. covered with "white blanket"

Your painting is nice :)

Gong Xi Fa Chai to you too .. yeah ... it is really "ho mia" already if still employed :) No increment/bonus is still ok :)

LZmommy said...

新年快乐 Nomadic Mom :)
How true! We should be thankful that our hubs still get to keep their jobs. Hopefully the crisis will be over soon...

Haha! Love your boy's answer :)

Leena said...

Wah, your hubby even know how to get you make-ups. So good leh.

Nice job on the painting.

allthingspurple said...

hey, u and I prob from the same era. I was in England back in 1991 too !!! I think that year was the first time in so many years that England actually snowed and in inches too. haha.

Happy CNY dear, and may we all thrive well in the face of the forthcoming economy challenges!

Anonymous said...

Your Hub very right leh, got a job, very ho mia liao...

Anonymous said...

agree, with the poor economy, we want to be thankful for whatever we have.

have fun with your paintings, you are getting so good at them!

mommy of 3 angels said...

ya times like this - got job also "tau siew" la.

but u still got lots of gifts...more happier la.

hey 11 year old girls now quite developed ledi la!!!

Anonymous said...

ya still got a job consider jup dou lor...
cant wait to see ur finished painting.

stay-at-home mum said...

Wa! Your art work quite pro, man!!

Dont worry got no job, can go paint, or whatever, sure earn big bucks.

Snow in London not that teruk la! My niece said only 6 inches. In factshe was quite disappointed that the snowfall was not heavier - coz they only closed her school for one day!! Haha

slavemom said...

Hmm... hv to be more careful when talking to growing up kids. They know more things that we thot they do. hehehe

LHS said...

omg, kids so mature nowadays, even dare to touch the girl's chest..geng!

happy moo year to you and yours!

NomadicMom said...

WangTaiTai - Yeah. Thankful that hubby still have job. Everywhere, ppl are losing jobs. Very depressing and worrying indeed.

Jonzz - My oil painting NOT painted yet lah. That's just the base. Oils will go on the canvas tmrw.
Kids these days are very WELL INFORMED!

Misha's Mum - It's a good thing that you were'nt left stranded.
Thanks...

LZMommy - Think the crisis will get worse before he gets better...and that's scary huh??

Shern's Mom - Aiya. Only EYELINERS only. How difficult can that be??

AllThingsPurple - Basically, we both are still very very YOUTHFUL......1991 not too far back what.

Shoppingmum - You can say that again.

bp - The economy is all you read about these days. How it is affecting everyone leh...

M3Angels - Is it? I must go to school and see how DEVELOPED the 11 year old girls are.
BTW, S2's friend only 8 years old ma...

Wen - FINISHED painting will be a while lah...So slow lah, my progress...

SAHM - Aiya. Where got anyone want to buy my paintings ler???

Slavemom - Kids these days VERY VERY INFORMED!!!

huisia - I donno whether really touch chest purposely or just so blur blur lah...

laundryamah said...

wahhh ur painting really quite geng...eh when u going to paint one for me leh????

NomadicMom said...

Laundryamah - depends what you want lah. Me no expert yet lah..

Anonymous said...

Wow...you paint!!! I wish I could do something creative like that :)

I'm dead bored here sometimes...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker