Friday, February 13, 2009

More Rantings

How do you teach kids to be more responsible??
I told myself NO more rantings. NO more nagging. 
BUT. BUT. BUT. Really CANNOT lah.

I gave S1 about USD 5/- to reload his school swipe card (for lunch) the other day, which he didn't. So I asked him for it this morning as I would be at school, and could do it for him. 
And you know what?
He answered soooo nonchalantly with "I don't know where it is".
Me - What?
S1 - I put it on the table blah blah blah but it's gone.
Me - Are you saying you are being careless? Or are you saying the maid has taken it?
S1 - I don't know.
Me - If the maid has taken it, I will have to get rid of her. 
S1 - I don't know.
Tell me lah. What kind of answer is that???? I don't think it's the maid as S1 is so careless and irresponsible. 

I really donno lah. Tell me how????? How to teach my kids to be more responsible??
And to value money and their stuff????

5 comments:

LHS said...

You mean he lost the money?or the card?if money maybe he used it for something but not dare to tell.

Charmaine said...

These are the same questions I ask myself...how do I teach my 9 year old to value her things, look after them, take more responsibility? We have found telling her if she loses her ipod or phone or nintendo, then she needs to pay for her own replacement. Maybe we need to stick to what we say otherwise the children will think they are empty threats. Tough job being a mother!

Charmaine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bp said...

*nod, nod* i know what you mean... the other day i forgot to check my big boy's jeans pocket b4 i did te laundry, and the $ went thru' the whole wash cycle b4 i realised it!

guess there have to be consequences, but i tend to go soft and that's when the kids know to climb over my head!

NomadicMom said...

huisia - lost the money. And I don't think he bought something else with it...

Charming - Yes. Am sticking to what I said. No new phones and no upgrade for the online game...

bp - Be strong. Be Strong. You got to...otherwise when they become teenagers ...lagi will climb over your head!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker