Friday, February 27, 2009

Long Day of Travel....

Okay. Flight from London to Singapore is only 12 hours long.....but I had to take the tube from High Street Ken to Paddington, and from here catch the Heathrow Connect (much cheaper than taking Heathrow Express!!) train to Heathrow T3. I was a little out of breath by the time I settled into my seat in the train. Rushed like crazy to NOT miss this 8.33 am train. And my bags (mid-size trolley bag, a hand-carry and my handbag) were not helping either. 

Anyway, reached the airport in 30 minutes...did my VAT Tax Refund (Very quick. No queues and new system was efficient), checked-in my bags, bought some chocolates (Actually, H wanted me to get the netbook from here. The Tax Free price is half of what we would pay back home. But as I had to hand-carry my Wedgwood plates and stuff, I was "excused") and then proceeded to the gate. Flight was pretty good. As soon as the doors were shut, I quickly went to "chup" the three empty seats in front. Yeah. Three seats ALL to myself. I slept. Played Luxor. Ate. Watched Body of Lies (the one with Russell Crowe and Leonardo DiCarpio). 

Had more than 2 hours of transit time at Changi before my connecting flight. Walked around the terminal but nothing to buy...so had a coffee at Starbucks. Wah. Didn't realise that Singapore is so pricey! 

Flight this time was packed.....as usual. But still manage to have a short nap after the meal. On arrival, and after immigration ....all I could think of was A HOT SHOWER and then BED. And then I turned on my phone.
TWO messages. One from my mom. And the other from H.....asking me to go to school to GET S2
ALAMAK. AGAIN. NOW
Called to inquire to see if S2 is okay....Yes. He is fine. School nurse says he is okay but teacher wants to send him home. 
Okay. So...off I went. In the car. For a journey of another hour and a half to the school...to collect S2. As the car pulled up the driveway. I see S2. He was supposed to be RESTING in the medical room but he wasn't. Had a chat with the nurse. Guess what she said?
My S2 actually went out to PLAY FOOTBALL!!!!  This was when he was supposed to be SICK??? You say lah!! How lah?? Of course I nagged and lectured him about "pretending" again...and he said he coughed and vomited. I guessed the teacher just got too overly-cautious and want him sent home. Even before we left, he had to run off and do a bit of "kepoh-ing" first. 
*sigh* And another 45 minutes of traveling to get back home.

Ahhhh.... a hot shower and then a nap. BLISS.....

4 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

Welcome home!

S2 miss you, la!!

Anonymous said...

wuah...so fast reached home ledi..apa beli??

mommy of 3 angels said...

wah london cheaper than singapore??

great to be home eh??

NomadicMom said...

SAHM - No lah. Definitely not. I said "I wanna go back on holiday again liow..." and he said "go! Go! Go!"

Laundryamah - Not much ler...

M2Angels - Maybe just at Changi? Cause coffees at Costa or M&S less than GBP 2 and my Starbucks at Changi was almost GBP 3!!!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker