Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bad Mommy. Good Mommy.

The BAD Mommy obviously is ME!

As you can see from the Lilypie.com Ticker above.... S2's birthday is round-the-corner. 
And YES
BAD Mommy will NOT be around for S2's BIRTHDAY!....because she will be somewhere in the WestEnd. :-P

The GOOD Mommy is obviously MY MOM aka. GRANDMA to the boys. My GOOD Mommy will be flying in on Tuesday evening (17th Feb), to babysit the boys while BAD Mommy goes gallavanting halfway across the globe. :-P

But in order for BAD Mommy to NOT feel too guilty; BAD Mommy is trying to sort out the planning of S2's Birthday Party before she leaves. The Party is to be on the 1st of March
Yes. Yes. Belated. But it's not a good idea to have it on the actual day anyway....as it is the School's Half-Term and MOST of his friends will be away for holidays (It's true. Not saying that just to make BAD Mommy feel better!).

This is what I've done so far...
-  Booked the venue (Not having it in my house this year. Don't want to have icing on my sofa again!!!!! And I dread having more than ten kids running amok in my house!!)
- Pre-ordered 20 x tea-time snacks for the kids
- Pre-ordered 10 x coffees/teas for the adults
- Designed and Printed-out the Invitation Cards
- Printed-out the design for the Cake and Pinata

I've still got to do the following before I leave...
- Order the Cake
- Order the Pinata

And when I come back, I will have to...
- Source where I can get Popcorn in bulk 
- Purchase the sweets and stuff for the Pinata
- Decide whether I want to give out Goodie Bags. If yes, then more work!!

So many things to do...so little time! Plus driver's NOT coming to work tomorrow!!! Will have to TAXI everywhere...



13 comments:

Jonzz said...

Wow, I want a pinata!

Irene said...

pinata, so cool! going travel again ah? why so shiok wan. make sure u buy HUGE pressie for S2 lo :)

stay-at-home mum said...

Not that Bad a mummy after all. A really bad one wouldnt even organsie a post-party for him!

so, do I get a goody bag for saying that?

mommy of 3 angels said...

good mommy is always grand-ma la...that one we cannot deny!

lucky u came to your senses and have the party outside...hahaha

slavemom said...

Looks like the party's almost all sorted out edi. So can go globetrotting w/o guilt. hehehe Well, at least there's Good Mommy ard to pamper him on his actual b'day.

Mamapumpkin said...

hahaha...I started planning T's party 2day even tho her bday is in Sept!! that is becz I am frigging bored sitting at home doing absolutely nothing but puking everyday! and we're gonna hv the party in July cz there is no way I am hosting a party w a newborn baby in tow!!

I am Princess Misha's Mum said...

west end .... .. :)

Anonymous said...

shopping leh?? wat to buy in London ah?? Hmm...when u leaving again???

Moo Mummy said...

aiya... sometime mommy also need to "alone time"! right?

Anonymous said...

no la, dont call urself bad mommy. at least u try to have a celebration with him before u travel!

NomadicMom said...

Jonzz - guessed...Kids BIG and small still love pinatas, huh???

Irene - Aiyo...birthday party, pinata, cake and goodie bags already gonna cost a bomb already. No HUGE pressie summore lah!

SAHM - Birthday party must lah. Once a year oni..plus soon, they won't want a party. They would just wanna hang out in the mall with their friends...
You sure you want a goody bag? It'll be sweets and more sweets!!

M3Angels - Yeah...Grandma is THE GOOD MOMMY.
I wonder if I will be GOOD when I become a grandma? Or would I just want to play oni...donwan to look after one....

Slavemom - Yeah..the party almost zhat-zhat-patt-patt...

Big Pumpking - Late...Early....All beter than NEVER!

Misha's Mum - :-D

Laundryamah - I donno lah. Am not a shopper like you lah. But certainly need to get a scarf and gloves. I've given them all to my sister when I left London...so I have none now.

Moo Mommy - Definitely!

Wen - Errr...The party is AFTER lah...

Anonymous said...

whats the theme?

v

NomadicMom said...

V - Going to the Movies... in a small cinema room that seats 30 on comfy sofas. I've got a PopCorn Pinata and a Movie Reel Cake ordered.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker