Monday, December 22, 2008

Mmmmmmmm....

Donno what title to put this post under....

As mentioned previously, my maid had dengue fever and was admitted to hospital on the morning of Wednesday, 17th Dec. (Most likely, she caught it from her home as she had the whole week off while we were in Melbourne) My driver  had informed me this morning that my maid had returned home after only two days of hospital stay. Though out of hospital, she is still feeling faint etc etc.  

I donno. Is she well enough for the hospital to discharge her? Or they just can't afford to pay the bills? She didn't ask me for a loan for the bills; nor inform me that she has gone home to recuperate. 

I am NOT expecting her to come back to work today, nor tomorrow nor the next day either.
I am giving her till Saturday, 27th. That's ten full days. (If she is soooo sick, surely the hospital will not discharge her? Or her husband would come and ask for a loan to keep her in the hospital???)
Even then, work load will be light compared to normal, as boys and I will NOT be around. 
Only H. 
How many pieces of clothing can H wear?
And he doesn't mess up the house like the boys. 
IF she can't handle such light work load, I donno lah. 

I just don't think it is right to PAY her a full month's salary, if she has only worked 8 days. Plus, if there is NO doctor's letter, nor medical certificate; how can I be sure that she is really sick and not wanting to have those days off??? 
Maids are maids. No matter how "good" or "loyal" or "trustworthy" you think they are; behind your back, they are the same. Bunch of liars. 
I also would say that my maid "sure really sick" but then....I wouldn't know. Would I? So...Never really believe what they tell you. NEVER!
Summore, the reason she is sick (that is if she is really???) is because I gave her the week off. 

So...we'll see if she comes back to work on Saturday. 

Otherwise? I donno...... CUT her pay? GET RID of her? WHAT??

In the meantime, I have been cleaning, mopping, scrubbing, washing etc etc. Back hurt like h@ll the other day, which I later pampered myself with a 90 minute massage at the spa. :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You surely deserve that spa.

Anonymous said...

Maids are all the same. Rarely do you get a gem.

Uhm, good workout, those scrubbing and all! :)

stay-at-home mum said...

All maids are the same - will skive when they can!!

NomadicMom said...

Shoppingmum - definitely deserving!!!

DQ - Sweat more mopping the floor than at the gym man!!!

SAHM - Yup! You can say that again!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker