Monday, December 08, 2008

Kelam-Kabut DAY!

If it's not for my ignorance (or perhaps stupidity), I would be on the plane at this very minute.

Happily hopped into the car with H, the boys, our two big luggage bags for the airport. 45 minutes in the car, and we arrived at the airport. Check-in seems to be straight-forward as I've already done the internet check-in on Saturday. Bags were tagged, Passports checked. THEN...as she was about to print the the lady asks for my Mastercard credit card. The one that I booked the flights with FIVE months ago.

Guess what?
I don't have it with me.
I don't carry all my credit cards with me...especially when I'm travelling. Just one or two cards to "phong sann".
No amount of negotiation, cajoling, arguing would change their mind to issue us with the boarding passes.
I mean I've already checked-in, and got the E-boarding passes (just that I didn't print them out, which on hindsight I SHOULD HAVE!!!), and my passport proves that I am the one that booked the tickets and also travelling on this particular flight.
I do understand it if the person who purchased the ticket is NOT travelling on the flight.
I think it's quite silly....Let's pretend of a hypothetical scenario. I booked the flights 5 months ago. Then two months back, my card was compromised and the bank stopped the card and instruct for its destruction. Does one keep the card and not destroy it just because an airline ticket was purchased months ago???
You tell me. Makes sense or not???
I donno whether is it a Singapore Airlines only thing or what???
Because I booked our flights from SFO to JFK and then JFK to SFO on Delta Airlines and American Airlines via the internet and using my credit card. BOTH airlines did NOT request to see my credit card.
So. Tell me.... WHY???

Luckily they did get us on the 7 pm flight to Singapore (our original flight was at 5 pm so cannot meet up with other family members at Changi already...), and the traffic today was VERY VERY GOOD....public holiday you see. So...we went home to retrieve THE necessary credit card and return to the airport. I tell you, if it was a normal day...I don't think we could actually catch our flight lah...

So...after checking-in for the SECOND time today, we paid for our exit taxes and proceeded through immigration sucessfully. Went to Starbucks to get our two free drinks and sandwiches. Whop it down our throats into our stomachs, and here I am now in the lounge...blogging!
Yes. Boys are here...but there are other PCs around. Thus they are also busy playing their online games. What else??

Okay lah. I'm gonna go kacau H and the boys.....

9 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

Have a great vacation in Melbourne. yes, you would definitely need that beanie, esp if you are going to wait for the penguins at Philip Island. it can get freezing cold. 4 seasons in one day, definitely, I experienced it when I was there!!

yes, that credit card incident is definitely a pain, esp since you are travelling as part of the group. Just real kiasu, I guess!!

sting said...

oh I didn't know about the credit card rule! hmm, quite a hassle ya especially if you didn't know about it... oh well, have a great holiday ya :-)

LHS said...

wow, the rule so strict, even no excuse.

Anonymous said...

shiok lor..i oso wanna go to melb..but hor that credit card bit kinda funny lor..they purposely kacau one is it???

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

Have fun!! I'm sooooooooooooooo jealous (of your holiday, not for checking in twice!)

Leena said...

Duh, like that also can ah. Anyway, have a great holiday with your family.

slavemom said...

Luckily can still make it for the later flight. Some rules r jes too 'complicated' for normal ppl like us to u/std. Hmmph! Anyway, hv a great hol!

NomadicMom said...

SAHM - Tell me about the brrrrrrr Cold Weather in melbourne!!! No lah. Didn't go to Philip Island this time..
Yeah. The credit card thingy is a REAL Pain!!

Sting - Now you know. Better bring along the credit card anyways...

Huisia - Is it just Singapore Airlines??? I wonder

Laundryamah - Apparently NOT wor. It's a rule ....think it's stated in their FINE print.

aash - Actually, did live in Singapore for two years.. Funnily, was quite depressed then. Maybe it was because it was my first posting??

Bryan and Brandon's Mama - Checking in twice is certainly NO fun!!

Shern's Mom - No joke. Really had to travel 45 minutes home, and then 45 minutes back to airport. Lucky holiday...

Slavemom - Yeah. Lucky we booked the earlier flight to singapoe. Otherwise, sure miss flight to Melbourne...

The happy guy said...

Hi mom its me the second monster hee-hee-hee

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker