Thursday, December 04, 2008

My Roman Emperor!

S2 had been studying about the Romans this term. And to reinforce what the kids had learnt, they have a ROMAN DAY tomorrow. On this day, both teachers and students will dress-up as Romans for the day, and have Roman food for lunch. 

S2 wanted to be Octavian for Roman Day, thus had to search for a costume from the internet (posted a few different designs here about a month back), and take it to a tailor. I didn't shop around. Just went to one near to our house that was highly recommended by other expat moms. Had a shock when she wanted to charge me about USD 30/- (includes material). *sigh* what to do?? Had to agree as I went to her only last Monday (24th Nov). Yes. Yes. My fault for procrastinating.... 

But the final result looks quite good. I was quite pleased with it. I supposed I had to pay a little premium for her experience in making all-sorts of funny costumes for children. If I were to go to a tailor who has no experience whatsoever, I would have to explain forever. 

"Gaius Julius Caesar Octavianus"
Headgear and Costume


Told S2 that he might as well have a Roman-themed birthday party next February.....to make full use of his costume. Can't exactly just wear this expensive costume once right?? Besides, all his friends would also have their Roman garbs that have only been worn once. I'm sure their mommies would be happy to help them don the costumes one more time!

7 comments:

LZmommy said...

Sound like a very good idea to have a Roman themed party! :) If you get it just to wear it once, it will such a waste.

LHS said...

wow,so special la,i wonder how does the roman food look like..

Anonymous said...

WAH! So nice!

Mine just had a fairy tale parade. My No.1 wanted to be Jack in Jack in the Beanstalk.

I put him in normal clothes..and gave him 5 red beans.

WAKAKAKAAKAKAKAKAK still jack mah!!!

laundryamah said...

ya wor...recycle the costumes..that's why i dun like concerts..waste of resources...but dont they hv them on rental??

NomadicMom said...

LZMommy - Yes. A Roman Party in the planning! Hahaah

Huisia - No lah. NOT real roman food lah.

Mott - I think this is the first time that I actualy spent money on a REAL costume. Previously, I just improvise with whatever I have at home.

Laundryamah - Not concert lah. I think rental also not that cheap... but then I didn't go and ask

slavemom said...

I was gonna ask u y chop off his head. Then I realised u don't put up human photos here. hehehe
A Roman-themed party... cool! So wat's S1 gonna wear for the party?

NomadicMom said...

Slavemom - SHucks. I forgot about S1. If have Roman Party, means I've got to get him one costume too hor? Alamak. Maybe can just use white bedsheet????

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker