Friday, November 07, 2008

Updates - 7 November 2008

Thought that I should do a general update post...since I've been bombarding my blog with my US holiday posts lately that 'other stuff' seems to be getting left out.

'Slacker Mommy'
This must be what S2's teacher is thinking about me. 
Why?
No. 1 - I have not been signing S2's Home/School Communication Book. It's supposed to be signed on a daily basis; to acknowledge that I am up to speed on the daily happenings/ requirements in S2's class.
No. 2 - S2 did tell me verbally that his teacher said that he needs new shoes (*gulp*) and have his eyes rechecked... I had been dragging my feet until the teacher had to put it in WRITING in the Home/School Communication Book....and even then, I took awhile to do all these things.
No. 3 - I have not been diligently supervising S2's reading. And teacher had made a remark in S2's Reading Diary. (*Double Gulp*)

Finally did get him a pair of new school shoes on Wednesday...and he wore it on Thursday. The moment S2 came home from school, he said "Mr. M said I look smart in my new shoes."
I wonder if the comment was meant for this 'Slacker Mommy' with the intent of saying "It's about time!!!!"

Four-Eyed Boy
My four-eyed boy's vision has gone worse. *sigh*
From his previous 1.00R/1.25L to the current 2.00R/2.25L.
Thus had to change his lens.....d@mn expensive here summore. H's eyes almost popped out when the guy told him USD 45/-. 
Yes. Just for lens only. No frame. Re-using the old frame that we bought from KL. 

Octavian
"Oct who??"...was my immediate question.
'Octavian is the nephew of Julius Caesar, or more popularly known as his adopted son.'
Did you know that??
That's what my son told me.
S2's learning about the Romans....and there's going to be a ROMAN DAY early next month, and he wants to be Octavian. And you know what that means to mommy?
She'll have to search the net to find a suitable costume that is easy to be tailored. :-P
This is what she has come up with this morning...not exactly Octavian though but more of Julius Caesar and Marc Anthony.













I think the first one is more like Octavian...and quite easy to have it tailored (No lah. Of course NOT by me, but a professional tailor).
What say you?

















No More Guest Room
Well, we now do not have a guest room. Last Sunday,  S2 decided that he WANTS his OWN room. He was even willing to give up the 'shared tv' in the old room. Give up the en-suite. Previously, when the idea of separate rooms came up; it was always an argument about WHO would be the one leaving the bedroom with the ensuite and TV. (I wanted to remove the TV out from the room....but unfortunately, it has no real place to go.)
 :-(

We proceeded to convert the 'guest room' to S2's room. Posters of 'Ancient Mesopotamia, Egypt and something else' were put up (Somehow...S2 shares the same interest in ancient history as his dad); as well as some of his paintings from last year. Still need some clearing up to make the room look better (like sorting out their old toys...wanna bring them to the orphanage). Will post some pix when the room is in better shape.

As for future guests (errrr...nobody ever visits us other than my parents!), ie. when we have them; will get S2 to move over to S1's room or if it's grandma, surely the boys want to be together with her. Will see how when the time comes. 

And since S1 has his 'privacy' now...he locked his room door last night. 
Mmmmmmmmm...why? I wonder.....     ;-D
heheheh

No.8
Or 'Ah Patt'...that me!
But apparently not 'patt' enough!
We were all at Best Denki's opening last weekend....and I saw that people were queuing. Lots of people. I just didn't know what. Nor did I ask. 
Only much later, I found out that they were queuing for BIG discounts for the HP Minibook and Brother Laser Printer.  For the HP Minibook, 10 units were available with approx. USD 200/- off, and for the Brother LP, 15 units were at a price of USD 50 from an original of USD 150/-. When I realised the potential big savings, all the units were gone!
H commented that next time, when I see people queuing. I should just queue. No need to ask...and then added "ying koi patt, yau mm patt"!
hahahhahaha

Stupid ISP
Didn't have internet connection since Sat (1 Nov) till Wed (5 Nov)...thought something wrong with the line etc. Finally 'beh tahan' and called the ISP. 
They said that we haven't paid our bill. 
Apa-lah! Pay what when the bill indicates ZERO amount due??
Of course I screamed at them and told them to re-connect IMMEDIATELY.
Waaa....sure enough, it was connected immediately. 
So now. NomadicMom is happy :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah i too think the 1st one's most octavius-like.

because i am malas to purposely leave a comment on another post, i shall comment here. How come u go to US go and eat penang friend kway teow one. aduh! should be RIBS RIBS RIBS!

v

Irene said...

"ying koi patt, yau mm patt"!
wakakakkakaa...

i like the middle "octavian" :)

slavemom said...

I don't know how Octavian looks like but I'd think the 3rd pic's costume is the easiest to make. Dun even hv to send to tailor, u can jes sew a pc of cloth to the back urself. hehehe
"Ying koi patt, yau mm patt"... Ouch! :D

NomadicMom said...

V - But still need S2 to choose lah.
As for food, getting old lah...miss my oriental styled noodles...

Irene - I have to say that he does have a point though..
Need S2 to choose the costume style himself. Don't want to make something that he hates.

Slavemom - Wah...3 comments. All three different opinions wor.. Still. Need my boss to choose himself lah.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker