Saturday, November 29, 2008

What's happening??

The last week has made me wonder what is happening to this world??
First, I read from MamaPumpkin's blog that her Muslim cousin was told by her teacher that "satan will shit on her head if she does not wear her tudung"
Then, I read in the papers that Yoga is banned to Malaysian Muslims....
And that conservatism is on the rise....
Then the incidents in Mumbai. 

So...to understand a little more, I've bought two books today (TIMES bookshop had an opening discount of 20%) ..."Encyclopedia of Religions" (actually, this is geared towards kids. Figured it will be easier for me to read. :-D ) and "Inside Islam".

Let's see if I am enlightened...but as I am currently a slow reader...don't know when I will complete these two books. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no point la..dun try to understand too much...

NomadicMom said...

Laundryamah - Need to lah. Cannot be oblivious to it all.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker