Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Belated Post - Birthday Gifts

This post should have been completed waaaaaaaaaaay back to September. 
Anyway, better late than never lah.

Birthday dinner was with H and both the boys over at Portovenere (Italian restaurant) at Ritz-Carlton. Can't remember what I ordered exactly...but it was something PORKY. :-) 
After the bill was settled, the wait staff brought a small tiramisu cake with singular candle...and proceeded to sing the birthday song. Lucky the restaurant wasn't full...otherwise would be quite malu (embarassing)! Overall, the meal was pretty good. (S2 has requested that we have his birthday dinner here the next time)

When we got home...still had two cakes to blow. Both of the cakes were gifts.

Bakerzin's Strawberry ShortCake from Sis from SIN
(The delivery guy must be driving recklessly....as the cake was partly damaged. I complained to him and he offered to replace it. But I just accepted it as it is....Taste still GOOD lah)

The Harvest's Rich Chocolate Cake from a Local Friend
(Gave a BIG chunk to the staff....like 3/4 of the cake!)

Gucci Moon Bag
(This was my birthday present from H.....Errr. Actually, I chose it myself, and he paid for it. Got this LARGE bag for our US trip. Have to say very GOOD for travelling. Can put all sorts of JUNK...camera, wallet, lip-gloss, H's wallet, brochures, cardigan, medicine pouch, mints etc.... I look pretty good carrying it too!!!!! Heeeeheeee)




12 comments:

mommy of 3 angels said...

happiiii biiirthday!!

3 cakes!!

Irene said...

happy belated bday! eh the bag really nice leh. but kenot afford. haha!

hope i can spot other brand with similar round shape design! :)

Leena said...

Happy belated Birthday. Nice bag there...

NomadicMom said...

M3Angels - But didn't eat all lah...If eat all, sure fat fat liow lor...not to mention HIGH cholestrol.
Hey..wait a minute. I DO have HIGH cholestrol!!!!

Irene - You *wink* *wink* at hubby lah...and maybe do WIFELY duties at night...maybe he surprise you at next birthday leh...

Shern's Mom - Thankiu. Thankiu.

Anonymous said...

Nice bag - love the shape, the colour and the print. Especially love that you can put so many things in it AND still look good!

How BIG is it really? And how much? I can look for fake one here hahaha

Ahh...so you're good with your wifely duties, is it? ;-) ;-)

Btw, thanks for your encouraging comments on my blog!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY

bp said...

Nice handbag, I want one also!

Aiyoh, the delivery man how come so jia-lat?! I hope this doesn't happen on a daily basis to all the cakes he delivers!

What nice presents, and yummy celebration you had with the family for your b'day! I think I wished you earlier, but "Happy you're-one-old-year-wiser" now, NM! hehe!

Mamapumpkin said...

Oh, these wifey duties?? I think I need to do more leh....Nice bag, congratulations!

All about Kimberly said...

Hey, Happy Belated Birthday !!!

I love large bags too, haha, can stuff lots of "neccesities" like cloth wipes, kids water bottles, a toy or two. My handbags always inevitably end up doubled as a baby bag!

NomadicMom said...

Kittycat - I was joking to H that I wanted a bag similar to those that the "celebs" take coming through JFK ..coupled with HUGE sunglasses and shielding my face...hahahahha
Re going back to work after long hiatus...it's possible ..just that ppl around you may provide some "challenges" or "remarks" that aren't that positve!

NomadicMom said...

bp - Thanks for the greeting again. NOt too sure about being wiser. Being calmer perhaps?? hehehe (i'm sure H would say NO to that)

Ya lah....the delivery guy must be thinking he was going for a joy ride or whatever...

NomadicMom said...

Big Pumpkin - I'm sure you do lah.. Don't bluff leh.

NomadicMom said...

All About Kimberley - But then hor...too big a bag, then you got to RUMMAGE through to find what you want. Hahahah

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker