Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Crayfish Party

Remember I said that I was going to a Crayfish Party on the 31st of October in my last post?

H told me that the dress code was Smart Casual......

"Are you sure?" was my immediate question to H. It is HALLOWEEN after-all....
"I still have my witch's hat with orange hair and the ugly fingers... I can come as a WITCH".

H insisted that it is Smart Casual. :-(
And I was hoping to have some fun..... :-P
So...okay lor... I wear my new white top, long beige trousers and beige heels lor...

H went to Marriott directly from work, and I was to meet him there.

Waaaaaaaaa........... LUCKY I didn't come in my WITCH's GARB!

Most ladies were in Cocktail Dresses lah. I felt so under-dressed...but lucky still smart.
How STUPID and WEIRD if I really came as a WITCH??
Anyway, this Crayfish Party is for charity... It's a Nordic tradition. Basically, we sing (Nordic songs, of course), drink schnapps and eat crayfish.

Forgot to bring my camera along, so photos taken from my mobile is ultra-blurry...

Crayfish Party Props...

More Styrofoam Crayfish

Big Poster of Crayfish
View of Stage

Half-Naked MC
(First time I see half-naked man clad in just a towel as MC)
My Glass of Water
A BIG Plate of Crayfish and Dill

The starter was a mushroom and spinach quiche, and the main course was CRAYFISH, of course!
The two BIG plates of Crayfish on our table was refilled each time it was emptied. It was in the typical style of how ang-mohs eat their seafood...i.e. COLD. In the beginning, it was okay...but after about 20 COLD crayfish, you start to yearn for the Chinese-style ones...i.e. cooked in garlic or curry sauce or baked in black pepper or something. Yet...more COLD crayfish kept coming. Basically, eat with the dill and mayonaise. After awhile, my hands just got sooo COLD from peeling the COLD crayfish. So NOT shiok. Gave up after that...
When I was washing my hands, I only realised that I was suffering from some kind of allergic reaction from the crayfish. My fingers were all blotchy RED! Lucky my lips didn't puff up, nor did I suffer the same BAD reaction that I did last time where I had to be hospitalised.

Dessert - Raspberry Mousse


One of the Props...
(took this one home with me...)

In case you are wondering... H works for a Nordic company....

No comments:

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker