Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What am I to do?

....with S2 that is.

Let me start at the beginning...ie. Monday, 10th Nov. 6.
Time is 6.20 AM.
S2 announced that he 'lau-sai'. I told him to go wash up, change and wait for the school bus. Then proceeded to get him some medicine.
When to check on him. He was still sitting on the throne. I had a peek. Not much of a 'lau-sai'. He did stain on his underwear a little bit. Told him again to wash, change into new school shorts. 
S2 immediately asked "what if I lau-sai in school again?".
I was very skeptical of this boy....remember the time that I was leaving on a flight? 
Read here
Mom did pick him up from school but she said "where got lau-sai? Summore want to follow me out and want to eat KFC!".
So I said "Eh. I'm not grandma. I'm not going to laugh over it if you make me go all the way to school to pick you up!". 
S2 reluctantly boarded the bus to school on Monday. 

Then there's Tuesday, 11th Nov. He boarded the bus for school at 6.45 AM. 
At 9.00 AM, I got a call from the school nurse ...informing me to come collect S2 from school as he was coughing and wheezing badly. I was due to attend a Coffee Morning/ Lunch at a friend's house. Made apple crumble and vanilla custard for dessert at the do. 
BUT I had to go to school right?
So off I went to school to pick S2. Only reached home about 10.30 AM. 
With a "supposedly" sick kid. I told my friend that I had to cancel and got my driver to send the dessert over without me. :-(
Was a sick kid sleeping and resting?
Noooooooo. Insisted to go on the computer and did all sorts of nonsense. Not only that, had to bombard me with non-stop questions.
 *sigh* Why can't they keep him in school? At least give me some hours of peace and quiet.
On top of that, he wasn't coughing much at home too.

And today, Wednesday 12 Nov...
He was perfectly okay when I put him on the morning school bus. 
Again...I got a call from the nurse at about 9.00 AM.
This time, I asked if she could keep him in the Nurse' Station for observation, and I would call later to check on him.
I did call her about 10.30 AM. She said he was fine, and since it was break time, that fella has gone out to play with his pals... 
Duh????
I told her to talk to his teacher and see if he could stay in class rather than being sent home....blah blah blah.
Not long later, his class teacher called. I'm sure he must think that I am a BAD mommy. 
(see my previous post on how he might think I am a SLACKER mommy...). He said he'll keep Ethan in the class for the time being, but would send him home if need be. And then went on about how he should rest at home etc etc etc. Told him that he was perfectly ALRIGHT when he is at home. Thus it's really difficult to decide if it was really necessary to keep him at home. 
*sigh* 
And guess what?
S2 turned up at the doorstep at about 1 PM. Teacher actually sent him home on an earlier school bus!
Don't want to pick him up ...He also can find his way home! 
Again...not much coughing at home. When you ask him "where got cough?"
He'll go on a 'forced cough' streak! 
Went on the computer like forever...Of course when S1 came home, he was pretty upset that S2 got to SKIVE from school AGAIN!!

So...What am I to do?
Send S2 to school tomorrow or NOT???



5 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

Wah! Sounds like my son N. Other day, told me got bad stomach pains.Brought him to the docs, but after that, asked to go to KFC. Just last week, said that he may have HFMD coz mouth very pain. I checked but did not see anything. As soon as manadarin tuition time was over, his mouth ulcers also disappeared. Can eat like nobody's business. I guess these are the smart boys - they know how to get out of what they dont like. Sigh. Do tell me what to do when you find the answer!!

Anonymous said...

sei lor... why is he dodging school?

play computer? hmm....

eh...when u here?

NomadicMom said...

SAHM - I still have not found the answer lah... but I did tell him that I will make his life at home miserable and boring. Make him do math, mandarin, typing, etc etc...and NO computers nor TV...Then he'll yearn to go back to school!

Mott - Not exactly dodging...got sent back for BAD cough..which somehow only happens in school!!
Me will be in Melbourne on the 9th and staying till 16th.

Mamapumpkin said...

Hehehe...I have another friend with an 8 year old son with same problems. He will purposely hurt himself, get headache etc just so Mom can come get him from school. Happened soooooooooo many times already!

NomadicMom said...

Big Pumpkin - Aiyo...that is quite cialatt...
But the thing with my S2...is that he really is coughing (Phlegm-y type) with wheezing. Just that it suddenly disappears at home. Perhaps he's got some terrer WILLING power to control his body!!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker