Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Not Again!!!!!

This morning......happily hopped into the car at about 10.05 AM.
My destination was to be the Driving Range. Made appointment to meet my friend at 10.20 am to hit some balls, and then lunch. Was even planning what to eat during lunch. Wanted to have Duck King's Malaysian Curry Mee. Yum Yum. Couldn't wait till lunch.

Just as I was about to put my socks on, my mobile phone rang."Mrs. NomadicMom? This is Mr. M, S2's teacher....blah blah blah blah"...with this single 2-minute call, I had to make a U-turn and head towards school AGAIN. I feel like I have gone to school like a 1001 times to pick S2 up in the last week already!!!  (read here and here)
ADUH!!!
Yes. S2 did have a 'funny' and coarse voice this morning when I put him on the bus. Abit of cough but not of such a concern that he's got to stay at home. His teacher said "keep him at home tomorrow unless he shows significant improvement". 
His teacher must think that I am some sh!tty mommy that sends her son off to school despite of his illness.
Seriously, I would send him to school at his current condition....BUT I am NOT going to. 
NOT because he is NOT up to it...but MORE of me being NOT up to another ride out to school to pick him up AGAIN.
Basically, it takes about 40 minutes each way. So this morning, I head out to school at 10.10 am, picked S2 up and only managed to reach the clinic (which is about 600 m from our house) at about 11.35 am. H said to just bring him to the clinic...
Anyway, he does need the nebulizer and have a blocked nose. His throat is alright. Doctor said "yes, he can go to school...". But I'm not sending S2 to school....fai-see lah

All this hopping off to school, then to clinic, and then off to quick lunch, and back to clinic again took like 4 1/2 hours!! By the time we got home at 2.30 pm, I was really tired. More tired than a game of tennis or an hour in the gym. I scared I be the one going to be 'sick'! 
So FORCED S2 to have a nap with me. 
Last week when he was home from school, I FORCED him to nap, and he couldn't and then I said "just rest then"...and he kept looking at the clock and counting down the one hour rest time that I set. 
Luckily he did nap today...and so did I.

Oh yeah...re my 'sick' fella... I asked him "do you want porridge for lunch at home, or eat out?"
Waaaa...faster than anything "JAPANESE. Let's go Sushi Tei."
I said too far..
"Sushi Groove"
Still too far..
"How about the one near the Burger King one?"
Well..he was right. There was a Japanese restaurant nearby to Burger King. So we went to Shabu Nobu. That fella had a Unagi HandRoll and a Salmon Set!
When I told H "where got sick? Eat so much",  H was rather glad...as he usually judge a 'sick' person as one who has NO appetite. 
Also a 'sick' S2 will NOT continue to TALK so much!

Yes...keeping him at home tomorrow. 
Haven't decided yet whether to send him to school on Friday or not.


7 comments:

Mamapumpkin said...

Hahaha....your son really clever la....hahaha....

I am Princess Misha's Mum said...

why like that wor? Dislike school ar?

Anonymous said...

wah... this is becoming a common trend.

NomadicMom said...

Big Pumpkin - I think it's more of the teacher being overly-careful

Misha's Mum - I asked him but he said NO. But then, as I told Big Pumpkin, think it's just the teacher being overly careful.

Mott - Hope not!

LHS said...

haha..really doesn't look like he is sick! :)

slavemom said...

Oh dear. He's still being sent home huh. But on the bright side, it's good to know that he's not THAT sick. :)

NomadicMom said...

huisia - Heads up to you....as your boys might be doing same thing too!!

Slavemom - Yup.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker