Sunday, November 16, 2008

Dinner Party...

Was just writing about diet pills in my last post...and here I am talking about food??

We invited two families over for dinner last night. The kids came earlier at 3 pm for games and a swim, whereas the grown-ups came later in the evening. 

This is what the adults had....
--------------------------------------
Starter
Salmon & Cream Cheese Vol-au-Vents
Fried Aubergine & Cheese Mini-Patties
Pitta Bread and Tzaziki

Soup
Cream of Mixed Mushroom

Main
Roast Whole Leg of Lamb
Roast Potatoes
Mixed Salad
Gravy

Dessert
Tiramisu
Banoffee Pie

Coffee
And Lots of Wines, Bubbly and Beer!!!
--------------------------------

The Salmon & Cream Cheese Vol-au-Vent was really easy as I bought the ready-made pastry cases. All I had to do was fill them with cream cheese and top with slices of smoked salmon. Would be nice if I had some dill for decoration....but I certainly wasn't going to buy a whole big bunch for a few sprigs. This is the only photo I have from the list of foods....taken just this morning as they are the leftovers. 

For the Fried Aubergine & Cheese Patties, I made the mixture much earlier in the day from roasted chopped aubergines, feta cheese, parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, egg and chopped parsley. My maid then shaped, coated with flour and fried them when required. ....Yes. These are very fattening!!!

The Tzaziki was as per H's birthday....

I used three different types of mushroom for the soup - Button, Portobello and Shiitake. Roasted them first, then pan-fried them with some butter and onions; before adding them to the chicken stock; and then finally blended the soup. I wanted to add some cream as the final touch...but realised I had forgotten to buy the cream. Oh well.... a much healthier soup, I supposed. 

Couldn't find a smaller lamb leg, so ended up with a Leg of Lamb that can feed 8 people (Kiddies had spaghetti bolognese and the mini-patties). Roasted the potatoes towards the last hour of lamb-roasting time (total of approx 3 1/2 hours). Sorry no photo as guests were already here. Not so nice to be taking photos in the kitchen while they wait. Cheated with the Mixed Salad. Bought ready-washed and prepared salads from the supermarket. 

Prepared both the Tiramisu and Banoffee pie on Friday. Yes. Two very decadent and sinful desserts! Again, forgot to take picture when they are still whole. The leftovers are too messed-up now to take a photo. :-)

Also baked a batch of cupcakes...thought the kids might want a snack after their swim, plus I wanted to give some to my boys' Mandarin teachers...for patiently tolerating their nonsense in class.

The Odd One Out

Pretty Daisies....

I'm PINK and Sexy!

PINK and Sweet...

Should have taken a photo of my nicely set-up table...Donno why I forgot. Anyway, here is one of the two identical arrangements I had for my dinner table...

WARNING: GROSS description from hereon....do NOT read on if you can't stomach it.....err also kinda MALU lah.

I actually didn't eat that much. Can't really eat if I'm the one that does the cooking. 
Think that's the problem. 
Didn't eat much but DRINK and DRINK and DRINK!
Had wines, bubbly, kahlua (in my tiramisu) and beer...think the combi was too much.

One family left at about midnight...as the kids were tired and pestering to go home. The other family, left the kids at home, thus continued on to have more drinks out on the patio till about 1.30 AM.  When I went to bed, I already felt uneasy...and wanted to p%ke but thought to myself "don't...don't...so sayang" so went to bed very uncomfortably. Sleep was rather disturbing as well, head was spinning all over the place. SHiaks

Must be about 3ish AM in the morning when I beh-tahan. Woke up and went to the toilet in the darkness of the night. Didn't want to blind my eyes, so kept the lights off. Thought I want to be smart....don't want to be too high from the porcelain throne (in case projectile not accurate and I would have to clean-up the sides) so squat to p%ke. Thought closer, less mess.
That was definitely a DUMB-@SS move!
The force of my stomach muscles were sooooo GREAT that while I p%ke, I pee-ed as well! 
Summore my p%ke was not sekali-gus. I could feel my stomach going like spasms like that...and with each wretched pull of my stomach muscles, a projectile of yucky wine and whatever alcohol products propelled out. The force of the projectile was so great that I absolutely could NOT control my bladder muscles. 
Literally, I was p#king and pee-ing simultaneously!!
Bleah......blardy h@ll...my bladder was blardy FULL to the max summore!
What to do???
Turn on the bl@rdy lights to start cleaning myself and the floor lah!!!!!
Maid gone off this morning summore...

Geezzz... and woke up this morning with a bl@rdy hang-over! 
Never felt so sh!tty ever. Made myself a HOT bowl of soupy chicken maggi mee, took a panadol and went back to bed. H nudged me at about 11.30 AM; to tell me that he's bringing the boys out to have lunch and to buy DVDs....leaving me to continue to zzzzzzz. 

The moment they came home, S1 asked if I was better.....heheheheheheh... 

NO more drinking like a fish!! Or at least I should fill my stomachs with some foods first....

BTW, did I mention that my dinner party was a success? :-)



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAKAKAKAAKAKAKK!!!

Dun worry.... I too puke n pee if I have too much to drink.

but then again...that was wayyyyy back in Uni.

*muffled giggles*

LHS said...

haha..really a waste la, but what to do..haha..

like you, i can't really eat too if i am the one who cook..

Anonymous said...

you're a true boozer

g

slavemom said...

I'm sure dinner was a success. Look at the menu n the pretty cupcakes. ;)
Woah... wat a messy nite in the toilet eh. But look at the bright side, not many mommies get the chance to hv hangovers. hehehe

NomadicMom said...

Mott - Don't laugh lah...really felt like "sai" okay!

Huisia - Aiya..you also laugh at me....

G - Not really true boozer lah. Think because I didnt eat...and drank first.

Slavemom -Cause maybe most mommies are smarter...and would pace themselves with the booze???

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

hahahahhaah i couldn't stop laughing sorry! it was really quite funny! Btw I'm impressed! You cooked all those stuff on your own? Salute!

NomadicMom said...

Bryan&Brandon's Mommy - Not funny when you have to clean up in the middle of the night...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker