Thursday, December 18, 2008

Good News. Bad News. Bad Bad News.

The Good News is that H got upgraded to Business Class on the Melbourne to Singapore leg. You probably would say what has that got to do with me???..... Heheheheh. He let me take his seat lah whilst he remained with the two boys in Economy. :-D
I thought something was wrong when his name was called over the PA system when we were in the lounge, but H had already left with S2 to go jalan-jalan. At the gate, told H about the announcement and he went to the airline counter by the gate. Boys and I proceeded into the aircraft first. H took awhile to come into the plane, and when he did...he just passed me the upgraded boarding pass and told me to take the seat. 
How was it? 
Much much better, of course.
As it was a day flight, did not utilise the FULL sleeper function. Watched movies instead. 
S2 didn't know that I was in Business, until we were in the car on the way home. He actually cried and was really upset. 

The Bad News...actually, not that bad lah. The attendant at the lounge over at Changi did not allow ALL of us to utilise the lounge this time. H could only bring ONE guest. Previously, he used the excuse of "only kids" to get the boys into the lounge. However, this time, the attendant was very adamant that the boys could NOT enter. So...we had to wonder around the terminal. Luckily did not spend any money here....you know lah Changi has a lot of good stores around. :-P

Okay. Now the Bad Bad News. My maid has dengue fever. 
No. Don't think she caught it while in my house, as she had the week off while we were in Melbourne. When we got back on Tuesday night, she did look a bit sickly. The next morning, driver said that she had rashes on her arms etc. H instructed driver to take her to the hospital ASAP. She was already gone when I woke up.  
Was hoping that I could relax abit after Melbourne. But Noooooooo. I have to work even harder. GOSH!! So much clothes to IRON!!!! 
Yes. One week of HOLIDAY CLOTHES!!!!! 
Bleah...D@mn 'suay' summore. I had hung all the clothes nicely out in the sun yesterday, and they were almost dried. I was standing by the terrace doors looking out when I saw that there was a lovely breeze. A split second later, I saw two of my laundry stands tip into the blardy swimming pool. I had to jump into the pool to retrieve the stands. Some of the clothes had come off and sunk into the bottom of the pool.
Bleah.. Had to fish them out with the pool cleaning tool. Geezzzz.
No lah. I said jump in doesn't mean whole body lah. Just my legs into the steps of the pool.  So only wet up to my thighs lah. 
*sigh* And tomorrow got to mop the floors, clean the loos.... 
BLeah BLeah Bleah...
This dengue fever is gonna take some time in terms of recuperation, right? Anyone know how long is the hospitalisation?



5 comments:

Charmaine said...

despite all the bad, bad news, you had a great time in Melb right?

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

well, you did get to enjoy in business class a bit :) God's way of telling you to enjoy because there would be work???
Glad you clarified, for a while I imagined you diving into the pool (clothes and all) to retrieve your baju!

NomadicMom said...

Charming - Melbourne was alright...Could have been better if there was NO rain!

Bryan and Brandon's Mama - Business Class was indeed a prelude to me being the MAID for don't know how long!!!
Aiya.... lucky I wore short shorts. Otherwise sure wet liow...

Sweetpea said...

errr.... time to pick up... scuba diving? :P

NomadicMom said...

Sweetpea - Actually....I AM a certified Scuba Diver!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker