Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Nothing Much...

Nothing much happening....except been kelam-kabut with the boys' schedules.

We have recently changed the boys' Mandarin class from one that is fairly close to the house to one which is now really far...another 15 minutes ride from school. BTW, as it is boys' school is about 40 minutes away from our house. So our car will have to pick boys up from school to go to the new Mandarin Class now.
You must be wondering why on earth am I adding torture to myself? Well, for one, whenever I go and pick the boys from their Mandarin Class, I would hear S2 screaming/shouting/laughing away...a sign that the teacher cannot control him. Furthermore, he has been at this center for 3 1/2 years and he still can't speak. Yes. He can read and write but NADDA when it comes to speaking. If the fees were reasonable, I supposed I could close one eye... I have always dread asking H to pay the fees....because he will grumble as he sees NO improvement in S2.
Anyway, this new place is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper, like one-fifth. But with more kids per class. But my friend says this place is pretty good for her kids, plus even my Art Teacher has heard about this place. So must be fairly good lah...

S1 is trying out for FOBISSEA. He has gone through the first round. And training will continue during lunch times, Saturdays (at 7 AM!) and after-school till Week 8, where the final team selection takes place. And since some of the trainings ends ata 4.30 PM, there won't be bus service...and that means the car have to go all the way to school to pick him up. So another headache here.
S1 is one who doesn't want to do anything. Absolutely nothing. So with his keeness to try out for FOBISSEA, we will persevere and do the necessary arrangements for him to continue with this.
Even if he doesn't get into the team, at least his fitness levels would have gone up. If he does, then it would mean a trip to Bangkok to participate in this years games at Bangkok Patana School....and of course, MOMMY wants to go along!
(errrr...but then, my MIL and SIL will be coming around that time!)

And S2 is in the Coca-Cola League...practices on Wednesdays till 4 PM, and Saturday games. Last week's game started at 9 AM. I have to say that S2 is a good defender if he doesn't THROW TANTRUMS (which he did in the game before last! I tell you it was not a pleasant sight. Reprimand led to a full-blown argument between H and I over what to do with S2...etc. Long story.). Thankfully, last Saturday was a good day out for the family. The team won 4-1....and we could talk and laugh over S2's kicks. He could tackle really well...but needs a bit of work on his kicks...as he kicked right back to the guy whom he tackled the ball from. Hahahhaha

Okay..gonna rest abit before my friend comes over to pick up the 40 mini cupcakes that she ordered.

6 comments:

sting said...

... and you called that nothing much!?! hahaha! lots of happening there lah! I guess I would change centre too, I mean, why not give another place a chance since there's no improvement in the current class... :-) good luck!

Rose world said...

Your hands are full with the kids!!! Oh dear!! But for the kids' sake, we would do anything right?

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

way to go, soccer mum! sure LOADS happening although revolving around the kids LOL

NomadicMom said...

Sting - Nothing to show for maa...
RE Mandarin. Still early days to tell if the boys are improving. I will know when S2 can communicate!

Rose - Why ah? Why we would do anything for them ah? Thankless one summore...*sigh*

Bryan & Brandon's Mama - Loads happening FOR the boys. Not their mom though... Just add more stress, headache, and sleepless nights.

mott said...

Hahah.... I hear u. I'm also kelam kabuting my boys' schedules n activities. Twice last week, I showed at the wrong day n time. Felt so stupid!

NomadicMom said...

mott - Wah. IF I show up at wrong date and time, I would kill my boys! Cause they are supposed to know better!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker