Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Siow Thick-Skinned Ang Moh

How do I start this post... Okay...I got an sms for an invite to lunch from one of the moms in S2's class who is a local Chinese lady. The sms went "Dear moms, XYZ and I blah blah blah..on Monday at T.Cafe". Anyway, I went to the mall and met ("chorng tou" not purposely meet up one) another mom who is a kwei-poh, so I just chit-chated with her for abit and when I said bye, I sort of said "see you tmrw". She wasn't invited for the lunch. Nevermind that. I've made a boo-boo lor. I should be the one that's embarassed, and that's it, right??? BUT this siow thick-skinned angmoh went to call up XYZ and screamed at her for not inviting her wor!! Then after that, another angmoh called XYZ and screamed at her too.

SIOW SIOW SIOW!!!! I mean normally, if our friends don't invite us for a DO, we just shrug it off ma.. where got call people up and scream one??? I also feel so bad. This XYZ is an American Indian and she was saying that when all the white ladies go out, they also don't invite her and they would laugh and talk about it in front of her. Worse of all, it was not her that called the moms, and it was the Chinese lady. So, I don't know..maybe it's this angmoh supremacy thing that they feel.

Anyway, the whole lunch was cancelled because of this stupid fiasco by some stupid angmoh charboh.

Also heard from my friend today that some stupid angmoh elbowed her husband in the plane to get ahead, and have the cheek to say "uncivilised" and "idiot". Of course her hubby flare up lah. He said something like "how civilised are you to elbow me?" and think he ask the fella to go back to his country too... (This happened in Malaysia).

1 comment:

NomadicMom said...

Oh...the Siow Angmoh did send an email to apologise to the American Indian lady.... Said something like "she over-reacted"...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker