Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Some Updates - 1 Dec 2009

Wow! It's DECEMBER already. Time really flew by this year. Don't you think??
I know that I have been really lax in both reading your blogs, and also in updating mine. Anyway, here's some updates.

Back to School
Boys went back to school yesterday...after a week long break. Stayed put in the city. Initially wanted to go Singapore...but back problems and the absence of our passports made this option impossible. So this was what we did:
- Immigration Office to sort out our passports
- Waterbom (waterpark)
- Watched 2012, Michael Jackson's This Is It and New Moon.
- S2's friends and their mommies over to our house for playdate and chit-chat respectively
- S1's friend Sleepover on Friday Night
- Boys continued with their twice-weekly Mandarin Classes

Movies. Movies. Movies.
I have to say that if Michael was still alive, his This Is It concert would be a GREAT one. S2 was the one who wanted to watch it. He and his pals is crazy over the songs. We bought him the CD and he nearly made me go crazy with its REPEATED playing. When we went to watch it, the theater was really empty. Halfway through, he went to the front and I'm sure he must have danced and sang along. :-)
As for New Moon. We got conned into watching it. S1 assured us that this 2nd movie would be more on vampires and werewolves...and not a love story like the first show. WAH! It's a LOVE story to the MAX. Not your ordinary LOVE story BUT one with the "I will die for you" kind of love story! Waaaaaay too much of lovey-dovey ...even for me!

BAD Parents
Who?
Both H and I.....as we are dumping the boys with my parents in Malaysia, and then going to the States for Xmas and New Year. I fly out to KUL on the 19th of December with the boys, and I fly down to Singapore on the 22nd to meet up with H for our flight to SFO. From there, we will make our way down to Los Angeles. And we fly out to New York to be in time for the New Year's countdown in Times Square. My girlfriend C commented "How cheesy can your H be? Countdown at Times Square!" Hahahhaha. But I guess it's a once a lifetime thing.
I tell you...all the hotel rooms are cheap around this time of the year.... EXCEPT New Year's Eve in New York. Our 3 nights in New York still cost much more than our 8 nights on the West Coast. Anyway, I will get back to KUL on the 6th of January 2010.....to pick the boys up for our flight back on the 8th of January. They start school on the Monday after.

Roemah Djawa
I had a great time visiting Roemah Djawa this morning. It's a private home which is filled to the brim with antiques and art from the Indonesian Archipelago. It's a museum and art gallery! I tried to upload some photos but somehow there is a problem. I will try to do it tomorrow. Anyway, the home has been showcased in Architectural Digest, Financial Times etc. If you wanna read a little bit about this place, go here . The homeowners run a specialty travel company Remote Destinations...and Mick Jagger is a key client (seen from photos of Mick with the owner). The husband was away...so it was his American wife that gave the tour this morning.

Painting Exhibition
Will be participating in an art exhibition in less than two weeks! My FIRST! Am kinda excited and don't know what to expect. Just imagining my paintings in the exhibition catalogue is thrilling enough. Wah! But if somehow buys my painting, I will be really OVER THE MOON! (I've priced my painting from USD 300 upwards. :-) )
Will update on this event later.

Okay later...

7 comments:

wenn said...

wow..going for a holiday soon..enjoy the xmas and new year..

laundryamah said...

oi i thot u just went to the States not too long ago????? Ogain???

WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

wow so much happening. Wow another honeymoon. Hey bravo on the art exhibition. Am very excited for you. Hope to hear about it.

wawa said...

show us pics of your exhibition and catalogue! I'm so excited for you - this is awesome!

slavemom said...

Wah... another hol w/o the kids. Soooo jeles!
Ur painting's on exhibition? Wow... dun forget us when u become famous ok? ;)

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

Have a great holiday!!! Merry Xmas and see you in the new year!

NomadicMom said...

Wenn - Thanks a bunch.
Happy Holidays to you too!

Laundryamah - More than a year ago lor. It was last October when I went. But didn't go to LA then. This time, will be spending 4 nights in LA. Plus my "teenage" hubby wants to do countdown at Times Square.

WMD - Yeah. me pretty excited too.

wawa - will do...

Slavemom - So many participants lah. But it's a start.

Bryan and Brandon's Mama - Happy Holidays to you too!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker