Sunday, May 18, 2008

Time to Kill...

Time to kill...about 1 1/2 hours until my facial appointment, so thought that I will have a diahroea post. ;-) meaning I am going to have a jumbled-up load of crap for this post! hahahahahhaah

Well...as you know, H left for Auckland this Thursday. And that basically means I have the car ALL TO MYSELF. Usually, I would have to schedule my appointments so that they do not interfere with the usual pick-up/drop-off from work schedules..... So, with the car ALL TO MYSELF, I should be gallavanting ALL OVER THE CITY on Friday, right????
WRONG!

I was feeling sooooooooo lazy that I literally camped in-front of my TV the whole day. Did contemplate of going out just for the sake of going out. But was really tooooo lethargic. The more I lay on my couch, the more lethargic I got. Only got up to go out for dinner. Decided that we should eat out as S1 was gonna have his braces anchored down on Saturday, and that would be agony for him.

So, off we went to a Mexican restaurant called Amigos. We shared a beef burrito, nachos and (very un-Mexican) fish & chips. They had live music from 7.30 pm that night. But as usual, boys were busy with the DS plus we bumped into S2's classmates and family. Can you imagine the kids running around in the restaurant?? I quickly said my goodbyes and dragged my two boys out the door to minimize the chaos!

Yesterday (Saturday, 17th May)....I was a better mommy. Not the lethargic vegetable that was rotting on the sofa the day before. In the morning, I supervised the boys with their Mandarin homework....NOT that I can read...but I have to SIT next to S2 to get him along with his homework and revision. Then as a reward for their HARD WORK, I took the boys to watch this show:-



It was quite entertaining... but can anyone please tell me WHY does Aslan NOT come to save NARNIA when it was being attacked 1300 years ago??? He is supposed to have MAGIC, is he NOT?? Or when they were being attacked in this current battle? Why must WAIT to be INVITED???

Yes. It is just a show. Make-Believe... BUT I also want to know WHY!

Anyway, we were supposed to head home for MORE work, but then one of the moms that I bumped-into on Friday night asked my boys over for a playdate, which I took the boys to. The boys swam, while I chatted with the Italian mom over coffee.

Supposed to leave about 5.30 pm for S1's Orthodontic appointment...but got a call from the clinic to re-schedule. WHY?
Apparently, the machine broken down! And have to postpone Mitch's dental work by ONE WEEK! Charge so blardy expensive and they cannot maintain the machine properly?? I tell you, I am seriously thinking of changing S1's orthondontist to one that practises OUTSIDE of this clinic. Cheaper and the environment so much more calm and soothing. I went to check it out the other day. The dental clinic actually looks like a spa...with windows that look out to water feature, wood panelled walls, etc. My friend actually recommended this place, but I thought I should use the one that is linked with our insurance company. I thought it would simplify the payment process. But *Bleah* ... I just found out that I have to pay FIRST anyhow, and claim later. If this is the case, I would have gone to the spa-like one! Now S1's orthodontic work is half-done, I can't just switch like that. But for the routine monthly tightening, think I WILL switch to the spa-like one lor...

This Italian mom also don't like this Expat clinic... in her words "MONEY MAKING FACTORY" and we only go there because we do not have to have out-of-pocket expenses for our medical. *sigh* But dental...have to pay first, then claim. So, what for want to let this people earn extra money for nothing if I have to do all the Insurance paperwork ? Might as well go to one that is cheaper, nicer and just as reputable if not more. Don't you agree?

We started Sunday morning BRIGHT and EARLY with a very healthy activity..... We went for our TENNIS LESSONS! And then followed by BRUNCH!!! Okay...didn't really stuff ourselves lah. I had a Hokkien Fried Rice and boys each had a Quattro Formaggi personal pizza. Came home, showered...and now...me blogging to kill time for my 2 PM facial.(By the way, going facial so that I can KILL 2 BIRDS WITH 1 STONE. I can have my face cleaned and at the same time, I can ZZZZZZ!! Hee heee ) Still 1 hour to go..... So more crap to be dished out. Hahahahhahahahaah.. No lah.. think I'll take a breather here.

:-)

4 comments:

Leena said...

walau, machine broke down and appointment is rescheduled a week later, what a joke lor.. cannot get it fixed asap. Like you said, charge so much, service shouldn't be so lousy right..

stay-at-home mum said...

Is there such a thing as hokkien fried rice? Never heard before? To me fried rice is fried rice. How is it different?

Yeah, change the dentist. Cannot tahan when they change appointments, give you a time that is not convenient, etc, and still charge so much!!

NomadicMom said...

Shern's Mom - Ya lor. The orthodontist only comes to this clinic on Saturdays. I want to ask the Orthodontist where else she practises...because if the braces broke or whatever, I have to birng S1 to get it fixed immediately, and NOT wait till Saturday. Can you imagine if it breaks on a Sunday, and I have to wait like one whole week???

NomadicMom said...

SAHM - You've not had Hokkien Fried Rice? The rice is plain fried or with egg, and then there is a sauce (vegetables, seafood or meat)that is poured over the rice. Quite well known in those Cantonese restaurants overseas...

As for the Orthodontist, she is okay..but just cannot tahan the expensive clinic she practises from. The thing is...she only pratices there on Saturdays... I need to find out where she is her ACTUAL clinic!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker