Sunday, May 04, 2008

Updates....4 May 2008

This had been a very very busy week.

Started Monday with yoga and cross-training in the gym in the morning. Then went home, shower, had my lunch, and then out again to do my weekly grocery shopping. Got home, instructed maid on the night's dinner, and then took kids to their mandarin class. Managed to have a foot reflex whilst waiting for kids to finish their mandarin class.
Tuesday... I went to school for a parenting workshop in the early morning. Then to my scrapbooking group till about noon. Brought one of the scrappers to a scrapping shop for supplies. Bought some papers myself (err...have to say that scrapbooking is not a cheap pastime!!!! Spent about USD 65 there. Aduh!) Rushed to my long overdue facial appointment. Face was like a pimple plantation. Yes...this NomadicMom is still soooo youthful that she still sprouts pimples... ;-P By the time I got home, it was 4 ish. Kids were already home. As usual, had to scream at them to have their homework done etc...
Wednesday... Had to go to the driving range to practise my shots. H made bookings for us to play on Thursday with two of his colleagues....and he told them that I was a PRO! Aiyo....give me pressure only. So, in the AM, went to hit 100 balls...and thereafter, I met with some ladies for bowling and lunch. Did some shopping (had to buy a few things at the optical shop and the pharmacy) and then for my mani/pedi. Only went to do the mani/pedi because had to wait for H to pick him up (as you know...only 1 driver and 1 car)... The rain in the evening was soooooo bad that I was literally stuck at the same spot for at least 30 minutes before we managed to inch forward. Got home just in time to watch my 8.30 pm show on Wah Lai Toi. H and I actually ate our dinner in front of the TV in my room. :-)
Thursday... We picked up one of H's colleague at 10.30 am... and headed to the golf course. Again, jam on the highway. At first, thought it was because of the mass exodus of people getting out of the city during the holiday...but turned out there was an accident. Had a light lunch before we teed off at 1 pm. My first two holes was BAD....and it didn't help with H ngam-ngam-cham-cham about my swing and my putting. The middle bits was quite alright. Hit quite a few good shots. The last few holes...I played badly. Waa...d@mn tiring man. Never played 18 holes before. Always just 9 so far. The last hole, I couldn't really see my ball. It was like so dark already. When we finished the final 18 hole, it was almost 6 PM. Cialatt man.. we played for almost 5 hours!!! No lah.. Not that because we were bad but because the course was pretty full...holiday and all. Oh...one thing about this golf course is that ALL the caddies are females. And somehow, I think it must be a prerequisite that they have LONG hair. So it's quite weird to see these female caddies with their long hair (not tied up, mind you!!) flowing down their backs, and heavily mascara-ed eyes! According to H, these girls are give a small sum every month for their beauty works!!! No wonder the guys like to play at this course!! ;-P
Friday... was hoping to veg out at home but had to be a GOOD mommy. T and his brother were gonna go ice-skating, and their mom S asked if I would like to bring my boys... so, I did lor... Took boys ice-skating and then followed by a movie. What did we watched?
FORBIDDEN KINGDOM starring Jackie Chan and Jet Li. Alright only, if you asked me...but the kids enjoyed this show tremendously. S2 laughed soooo hard that I am sure the whole theatre heard him. (Actually, about a few weeks back, we mistook another show for this one. We went to watch the THREE KINGDOMS starring Andy Lau and Sammo Hung. Alamak! It was in mandarin. Luckily, I could understand... H and S2 was totally BLURR!!! )
Saturday ...YIPPEE!! I finally could stay at home and VEG out!!! Woke up late, and slept in the afternoon too!!! Watched a new series that H bought. Ahhhhh...sheer bliss...
Sunday... We went for tennis in the morning, came home. Showered and then rushed out to the mall to catch the IRON MAN in the cinema. Came home...veg out some more...and then left kids with the maid. H had to meet one of his partners for work. I tagged along. Not for the meeting...but because I wanted to buy a couple of things at the mall, plus the World Bowling Ranking Championship was going on and I wanted to go kepoh. Saw Shalin Zulkifli bowled in the quarter-finals. She lost to her Latvian competitor. Waaa...really so close. She won the first game, lost the second game. The third was the deciding one....it was right up to the 10th frame! In the end, she was defeated. 183 to 189. So close!!! The other Malaysian lady, Wendy Chai got into the semi-finals. As for men's, Zulkifli (no relation to Shalin. I kepoh and asked their manager...I was standing next to him, and kepoh-ed lah...) got through too. The semi-finals and finals will be tomorrow.

3 comments:

My Rantings said...

Wah, you were really busy ah. At least you did all the fun stuff like mani & pedi, golfing, etc. :)

bp said...

Wow, what a packed schedule, and all your exercise, golf, etc... that must keep you fit... that's probably the secret to your youthfulness! =)

You have a great new week now!

NomadicMom said...

Dancing Queen - Actually, I am quite a homebody. I kinda like staying at home and doing my usual nonsense. :-)

bp - The exercise not really making me lose weight also. In fact, I weigh more than before I started exercise. :-(

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker