Thursday, April 22, 2010

Lazy Worm....

Here comes the lazy worm.....tapping on her keyboard....after napping for 2 whole hours in the afternoon. And this is when she woke up at 10 AM this morning! Talk about LAZY LAZY LAZY!

Nothing much has been happening...hence I am able to be LAZY. Hahhaha

Oh yeah. One key thing that allowed me to continue with this LAZINESS is that I have a new maid now. Maid No.18 in the history of my being as an employer. She came for an "interview" (not much of one, really...) before I went to Singapore. She had worked with an American family for 7 years before as a cleaner (so she says...she could be lying to get higher pay?), and the moment I heard that she worked for Ang-Moh before, I also not so keen liow...as then they would be demanding this and that and what-nots. I told her that I certainly would not be able to pay her what her last employers paid her blah blah blah, and she was still keen to work. So cut long story short.... she came to work as a part-timer for a few days, and during the week I was away in Singapore; and commenced full-time the day I came home. Worked out alright, as then sheets were all changed when I got home. So to date, she has worked about 3 weeks. So far, okay lah....NOT as clean as my previous one but boleh tahan. She can take instructions in the kitchen pretty okay. Thus have been whipping up the boys' bacon and eggs breakfasts...without me having to supervise. But still have to teach her to cook our usual fare...like Hainanese Chicken Rice, Bak Kut Teh etc etc.

Other than that, nothing much has been happening. Boys have NOT yet driven me up the wall... Their nonsense is at a manageable stage now (or so I think!!! hahahah). H and I have just been watching telly and watching telly.... We as a family, have been rather boring....kinda like fallen into a rut, if you ask me. At first, the earlier move to Singapore in July was sorta gonna change that...but now, move is till at least end of 2010. So, we'll see... When I told H that we are such a boring bunch, he was quick to dispute....and then wanted to immediately plan for a holiday for July! Heeee...

Hope I will have something more interesting to write about in my next post...

4 comments:

bp said...

haha, i know Nomadic Mom to be busy with this activity n that. but sometimes it's really gd to be able to kick back and relax! i'm glad the new maid is working out, and your boys are sorta looking after themselves... no big fights are the best, yeah? it's TGIF on your end liao, have a gd weekend coming up, even if it's a restful one :)

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

No news is good news!! Sometimes, being boring is good. Having too much excitement is bad for the heart you know *tee hee hee*. Have a super LAZY weekend, you!

laundryamah said...

lucky u..v r still surviving without a maid...but really really san fu la..

NomadicMom said...

bp - Yes. It is nice to not do anything once in a while...But if too long of this idleness, also sien. Know what I mean?
Boys, have indeed been a little bit more cooperative, but then...I still did scream at them the other when I was supervising their Math!

Bryan and Brandon's mama - True. True. But then, seems a bit boring.

Laundryamah - If no maid, then really san-fu for me lah. The laundry and mopping of floors already scary lah.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker