Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Updates. Updates. Updates. 14 June 2011

First thing first...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!!!!!
Today is my beloved Mommy's birthday. Wonder what she she did for her birthday today.
Yes. I did call her earlier this morning to send her birthday wishes. As for boys, think they called about 2 hours ago.

PACKERS/MOVERS
The packers will be coming in 2 week's time. Actually, less than two weeks ~ 10 days.
I'm told that they will take 4 days to pack my stuff. Need 4 days meh?
My main concern is my 2.2 m (or longer? donno) 8-seater dining table. It's not the size.... it's because DUMBO me agreed to have solid legs for the dining table when I had it fabricated .... forgetting that I am a nomadic mom! Helllllooooo. Mana brain oh?

So how to move the blardy huge table with jutting legs ah? I thought when the packers came to look-see, they would say the legs need to be chopped. They were unsure... and they went off to check. When I emailed them a couple of days later, they said the table can go into the apartment without chopping the legs. REALLY?
Now, I just pretend everything is okay. But deep down hor, I am scared that they are gonna tell me ON THE DAY OF THE MOVE that my table cannot masuk loh. ADOI!
My girlfriend tried to reassure me ..."They know their stuff lah. That's why you are NOT in that business!". Sure hope she is right!

SELL. SELL. SELL.
With us moving into an apartment; naturally I had to sell some furniture... especially those that currently sits on my terrace. I printed out some coloured leaflets and pinned them on the school's notice board after school yesterday. I had also placed an advert on one of the expat mailing list service this morning. And what do you know? Everything is sold (though not picked up).
Go here to have a look at my stuff for sale.

I think I may have put tooooooooooooooo low a price for them! Otherwise why so laku?
But I really wanted to sell them quick. I didn't want to have to resort to giving them FOC to my staff. This morning, my maid already came and ask me for one of the unused mattresses!

H AWAY. MOM ON THE WAY
Yup. H has gone to Europe again. Supposed to visit 4 cities, but I think he has decided to trim it to just 2 this time round. Too hectic.... with our impending move etc.
And dear mommy is coming to help her hopeless daughter to monitor/supervise the packers. She'll be staying for 3 weeks. Kinda worried if she will go GILA staying so long.

okay lah.. am quite tired and sleepy. Gonna go to bed now. Nite Nite.








6 comments:

mun said...

May everything goes smoothly on your moving day!

jacss said...

Here's wishing you all the best on yr moving day...the dining table goes in without problem & all :D
lucky mommy is coming to help, happy bday aunty !!

slavemom said...

All the best with the moving!

NomadicMom said...

Mun - Thanks. Thanks. Been pretty busy with sorting out the apartment...

jacss - Thanks. And I also hope that the dining table goes in without a problem. Maybe they bring it in via the balcony??

Slavemom - Thanks

bp said...

Hi NM, how are you since this update almost two weeks ago now? That means, the move is happening this week?

Am excited for you, and know at the same time how crazy moves are! I hope you have all the help you need especially with your hubby away. When will he be back? It's nice that your mom can come over to be that much appreciated extra pair of hands.

Take care, and happy moving!

NomadicMom said...

Bp - hello hello.. Life has been madness! If I can sum it to one word! Move is all Done. Unpacking done.
And we just got CONNECTED again. Yay!!

Mom has been great...supervising and all....would be more chaotic is she weren't around. Really appreciate her help.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker