Tuesday, June 07, 2011

I forgot I have a Blog!!

Yeah. Yeah. Been so busy the last week that I totally forgot I actually have a personal blog!

Busy doing what? Busy building the basic website for my business using Joomla! CMS. Took me about 3 days to understand how Joomla! Works. I guessed I could have totally outsource this to a professional web designer but everyone seems to want to cut your throat.... Cheapest was USD 600 for a basic 5 page website. Thus, I felt that if I understand the basics, they will at least be more reasonable in their quotes. So far, I've built a website with about 10 pages and links to our word press blog and e-learning portal. Both also set up as well.

Anyway, will engage an IT guy to help in polishing the website and advise on security/ archiving.

Later... Gotta go.

4 comments:

mott said...

good on you !!! It's always good to learn new things..

mun said...

Can't wait to see your new website for your business!

MeRy said...

Good luck...

NomadicMom said...

mott - learn abit only... I still engaged a more professional web designer lah...

Mun - Saw the first draft done by the professional. Have to say it looks soooooo much better than my simple one. Hehehehe

MeRy - Thank you. Need it!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker