Monday, May 30, 2011

We are moving into an Apartment....

Yup. It's been confirmed.
Closed the deal (what deal??) with our friend/business partner/landlord yesterday over drinks....
We will move into the apartment at the start of July. Or rather commence moving on July 1st.
Our lease on this house ends on 4th of July (Independence Day!!! Errr... but who's Independence day?) and that gives us some time to play around.
I told H that maybe we should check-into the Ritz Carlton for two nights during the move - when our beds are still not fit to be slept on. Afterall, it is only about 5 minutes walk from the apartment and he can get corporate rates. Heehheheehhe...
Why the move? Read here....
I won't say the apartment is cheaper since the water and power rates are higher... amongst other things. BUT our rent is below market rate for that size, which is approximately 3000 sq ft. Boys will still get their own room with attached bathroom. I will have to sell all my terrace furniture though. Yikes! I need to put out the advertisements!!!
Pros of moving to an apartment?
For one, I don't need to have my own security guards. No need to do the monthly transfers to the security company. No need to buy coffee/tea/biscuits etc.
Two - Can cut out our gym membership. Been paying over USD 60 a month per person.
Three - Next to a big supermarket. I figured this will really really be handy when my business starts and I can't do grocery shopping often. At least the maid can pop down to buy the necessities. I've had remarks like "mommmyyyyyy. There is nothing to eat in the fridge or cupboards!!!".
Okay... I gotta go. More later.

4 comments:

LittleLamb said...

eheh I stay in an apt now. The #1 benefit is the cafe n grocery shop. So if I needed a quick-fix, its just downstairs. I have not utilized the sports area in my condo although i tell myself i should go exercise/swim/etc

Anonymous said...

i want to see photos!

v

mun said...

Looking forward to more posts about the move and the apartment. Happy moving!

NomadicMom said...

Little lamb - I think I'm looking forward to the huge supermarket next door too. No need to wait for my car to come back. If lazy, just send the maid down to buy stuff! Heehee

V - tungguuuuuu la

Mun - wait I move first, ok? Sure will be more posts!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker