Thursday, May 12, 2011

Am I drowning yet???

Not yet... but almost!

Really have been soooooo busy with all sorts of things. See my last post on the list of things that my feet have got into. Plus I have resumed my painting sessions on Mondays......as if I have a lot of leisurely time. As we usually say "no time to even pang-sai"! Errr... actually that isn't quite true as my belly hasn't been well for awhile, I have been running to the loo pretty often.

S1
For some time now, I have been tutoring S1 every night (with some exceptions) to ensure that he is confident in his Mathematical concepts. End-of-Year test is in a few weeks time, plus there is a end of Key Stage 3 Standardised Testing. As he is keen to get to the top Maths set, he has been quite determined. No need to nag him to do those past year exam papers. And today, he came home with 3 sets of past exam papers..... He knew that he needed the practice and I am stingy with my printer ink so he got it all printed at school..... all out of his own initiative!
I have to say that I was impressed and a little bit proud. For years, I have been complaining about his tidak apa attitude. This new determination to excel is a great change. ... Err but of course he is still determined to have his weekend PS3 Game time!!!

S2
The ABRSM results came back. Our friend just narrowly passed! He was pretty disappointed with his results, of course. Told him that he should practise more diligently the next time. I kept reminding him that Grandma complained that he didn't even practise for 15 minutes, when he should have practised for at least an hour. Hopefully he has learnt his lesson and will not be too over-confident about his abilities. Next year then....

Private Tutoring
.... from zero student last week to three this week. Yesterday was my first fee-paying student. Don't know whether if I was boring or she was really indeed tired as she kept yawning and rubbing her eyes (she came straight from school and said she was up earlier than usual). Not sure if she will continue....although her mom wants her to. But teenagers being teenagers, cannot force them if they are not willing to. I mean I could be blabbering for 2 whole hours and if she is not concentrating, she will not be learning either. And tomorrow I will have 2 students in 2 different sessions - 1 in the morning and another just after lunch. Hopefully they will be awake.

TESOL Course
I am only at Unit 2 and there is still 18 units to go. Want to pengsan liow. Have to squeeze-in time to complete each unit. Took me about 3 hours to complete Unit 2 today. Prepositions, Conjuctions, Infinitives, Gerunds, Adjectives... Waliow! Cannot remember all liow....
In case anyone is interested, I am doing this with ITTT. Don't ask me if they are good cause I don't know....

Business Start-UP
Quite a number of challenges....that is keeping me up in the night thinking and worrying. I know it is rather silly to be worrying in the night when I can't actually solve anything. But what to do? I am a worrier. Been so stressed that pimples are coming out everywhere..... and I mean everywhere! Leave it to your imagination on where exactly pimples are coming out! Hahaha...

House-Hunting
Yup! We may have to move to another house. Why?
Because we have been living in this house for the last five years and things are all starting to wear and really tear. H just came in and told me to get someone over to fix all the toilet bowls... water flowing continuously. And a few days ago, water was leaking through the S1's ceiling and some of his books were soaked. Boy! Was he mad!
Plus we want to find somewhere cheaper and within a complex. At the moment, we are paying almost USD 700/mth for our security guards, and that is a lot of money. Especially when it is out of our own pockets. So...wish me luck to find a lovely and affordable home.

Okay lah.... gotta go. Gotta send out a work email.

6 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

So many stresses in your life at this one time ...I wouldnt be able to take it.
BTW - what grade is S2 and what musical isntrument? My eldest is doing her grade 8 and like your son, practises for less than 15 minutes each time. Vomit bloood!! I jsut hope she can pass, so I dont have to go thru another year of sending her to classes and nagging her to practise. She used to be very good, always getting distinctions, but when they dont practise ... there is nothing we can do Sigh.

slavemom said...

Woah... u're really filled up to the neck. Luckily still got time to 'pang sai'. hahaha
All the best to S1 and I'm sure he'll do well with all the effort that he's put in (together with bz mommy).
And all the best to u in ur biz venture n house-hunting. So Dallas is not happening anytime soon?

CL said...

24 hrs a day is not enough for u ... you are busy as a bee... good luck in your undertakings...

mun said...

All the best to S1! and S2 must be good for passing without much practice because playing flute is difficult. And gambatte to you on all your activities.

Kit said...

Hahaha...you really are busy! But being busy is good coz it keeps you young and pretty (or so I'm told).

As I'm teaching English now, you can imagine how tired I am when it comes to tutoring my kid for his homework!

But I need to be patient or he'll never get anything done. Sigh, boys...

Anyway, jia you, jia you!!!

NomadicMom said...

SAHM - Think I also cannot take it soon. PENGSAN. H says that I should give up the TESOL if I cannot squeeze in time. But with the 'expiry date' for the course being Nov 2011, should be okay lah.

My S2 is taking the FLUTE, and did Grade 2 straight, bypassing Grade 1. Perhaps should have just done Grade 1 as "test" first.


Slavemom - Dallas? We turned down the job maa. I thought I blogged about it? No?
S1 still a bit half-past-six lah. Don't really want to work if I am NOT sitting next to him. Aiyo....


CL - yeah. 24 hours not enough...especially this piggy needs 10 hours of sleep!!


Mun - How to force to practise more leh? I also donno.


Kit - Where got? So busy and stressed until pimples all popping out. Look like shit only now. Hahhahah
Yeah.. So tiring...tutoring other people's children and my own. And have to study summore. Alamaka.......

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker