Saturday, April 30, 2011

General Updates - 30 April 2011

Yeah. What a boring title for this post. But what to do?
Cannot think... plus this post will have a myriad of topics...

PJ Visit
Took boys back to PJ during the 2-week Easter Break. Arrived in KUL on MAS on Saturday afternoon (9th April). Normally, don't really take MAS but as we booked quite last minute, the price on MAS worked out better compared to both AirAsia and KLM.

As you know, I left the boys with my parents and flew-off to the States with H on Monday (11th April), only arriving back in KUL on Friday (22 April). Basically, did some last minute shopping, visited the dentist, checked my eyes at Vista and then flew off the next day with the boys. So no time to do anything else. Didn't meet up with anyone..... Perhaps next trip.

US Trip
This trip was basically a vacation for H. He was so busy working prior to the trip. Weeks in Europe and then conference calls till 9 - 10 pm. Many times, I had to bring his dinner into his 'conference room' (which is actually our downstairs TV room). And now, he has gone to Europe again. My mom always says that my husband takes the plane as if it is a bus.... He arrived home on Friday (US to Asia), and then left on Sunday for his work trip (Asia to Europe) - basically circumventing the globe.

I have to say that we did nothing except eat, sleep, shop. No rushing to places. No visiting of touristy sights etc. Only touristy thing we did was watch The Jersey Boys.
The whole trip, my DSLR did not see the light of day. No photos to scrapbook with
So what's the use of me buying more scrapbooking stuff??
H thinks it is so that I can compete with my girlfriend KL, on who has more stuff!!!
hahahha... eh. But she wins hands-down lah.
Go check out her stuff.....

Start of Term 3
Term 3 of school started on the 25th April, 2011. So basically, boys only had Sunday to chill out before going back to school.

This term, both S1 and I are going to work hard for the Year 9 Assessments. He needs to show that he can do well to get into the top set. I have droned on-and-on about the stupidity of his school in my older post. They have decided that they will not extend the Additional Mathematics class to the 2nd Set (which is where S2 is currently at). As my friend kept saying " The School is 'DUMBING DOWN'".
I can accept all the nonsense if this is a FREE Public School... but it is NOT.
So you can imagine how frustrating it is.

Starting a Business
Yes. I am going to do it. This time for REAL.
Have been talking about doing something for years, and it was all NATO.
No Action Talk Only ....
Lawyers have been engaged (and paid) to draw up papers.....
Will let you know more details later when things are firm-up.

Tutoring
Okay. This one still NATO.
Only action that I actually did was to purchase the relevant books, and studying... Maths, Physics and Chemistry. I have the leaflet (to advertise my tutoring services) prepared but yet to be printed out. Still need to amend some text.
I probably only want to have one or two students per week. Need some time for all my other pursuits (be it fun, work or mommy obligations).

Online Course
I have recently signed up on a TESOL online course, i.e. Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages. Errr... not that I really want to teach, I just want to get the Certificate. Why? Not sure why yet. Hahahhaha
Just did my first Unit yesterday, and have yet to receive feedback from my tutor.
There will be some kind of test (not sure how it is going to be done. Perhaps I have to go to a Center in town) at the end of the Course, in order to be certified.
By the way, did I mention that I actually went to take the IELTS test?
My score?
9.0 of course... Ahbahden??? hahahah

Okay lah... S2 is up. Need to ketuk him to complete some Math worksheets.
(What to do? All these ang-moh schools don't do enough.....don't give homework... don't challenge kids. Need to send them a copy of Amy Chua's book!!! )\

4 comments:

mun said...

Looks like you are going to be super busy from now on with the business, tutoring, English course and your boys. But do leave some time to blog or we shall miss you. All the best!

NomadicMom said...

Mun - Hiya. Hiya. Tutoring haven't really started. Just put up one miserable leaflet in an obscure corner of the school (cause it has my sons photos and I think they feel a little akward. So I need to amend and remove the photos before I print out more leaflets)

Kit said...

Good for you!!! I think it's great that you've go so many things coming up for you :)

I just found out that you're an artist!!! Wow, I really love that painting you gave to your friend. Gorgeous!!!

Could you share which online school you're taking the TESOL course with? I have a few friends asking me but I've no idea except the ones I see after googling, which are riskylah...

NomadicMom said...

Kit - But so busy until I am going to pengsan.
Which painting are you referring to?
As for the Tesol course, I am with ITTT. But don't ask me if they are good, cause I am only at UNIT 2 and my tutor is on holiday. So have not had any feedback yet....

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker