Monday, April 18, 2011

Utter Laziness in the Big Apple...

.... We have been here for four nights and all we have done is eat and sleep. Actually more of sleeping than anything else. I supposed that's what a holiday is all about. Utter relaxation and laziness!
Since I have already done most of the must-do touristy stuff the last two trips, I didn't feel the need to pester H to go on any sightseeing tours. Initially, our plan was to visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art yesterday (Saturday, 16th April) as H wanted to show me the REAL Assyrian Lion. As I am not exactly a keen museum visitor, I told H that I would probably say MY Assyrian Lion looks better (go to artbynomadicmom.blogspot.com to have a look of MY Assyrian Lion) so ended up not going and stayed back in the hotel to zzzz. Basically, we shopped and ate in the morning/ early afternoons and then head back to the hotel by late afternoon.

Where did we stay?
The Hudson at Central Park South. Only one block from Columbus Circle Subway Station..very good location, I must say!! Well, I didn't pick this hotel, of course. As usual, it's good ole Priceline's Name Your Own Price that selected the hotel. Got it for USD 155 plus tax per night. The cheapest rate I could find online for our dates (if the hotel name is known) was USD 220 plus tax. So we sorta saved USD 65 per night. How was the hotel? Errr...rooms as usual was tiny but at least bigger than The Paramount, which we stayed-in for New Year's 2010. But the bed was very very noisy. So cannot be too notti. Hahaha... Hotel had lots of bad reviews but overall I thought it is kinda okay. Philip Stark designed rooms, and the dark lobby was kinda cool.

What did we eat?
Think the best meal was at Eataly on 23rd and 5th Avenue (I think). We had Parma Ham (yum yum), some other cold cuts and a myriad of Italian cheeses, Baked Sea Scallops and French Fries of the Sea paired with crisp Italian white wine. We also went to Gramercy Tavern, Bourbon Street Bar & Restaurant, Red Lobster. Worst I think was this morning's Dim Sum meal in Chinatown. Not only Dim Sum was sub-standard, we had to 'tapp-toi'. Have not done that in ages!

What did we buy?
Nothing much as we didn't go to Woodbury Common this time. So just some GAP shorts, Naruto T-shirts and a G-shock watch for S2, 2 tops each from Loft and Uni Qlo for me, Cole Haan sneakers for me, 2 pairs of Fitflops for me, some Calvin Kleins for H, iPad pen and some scrapbooking stuff (they were 50% off in this Paper Shop on Spring Street). Looks like I didn't get anything for S1...but he was very specific on what he wanted...some cards that will be launched tomorrow and I am to go to ToysRus to get it.

What did we watch?
A visit to The Big Apple will not be complete without watching a show on Broadway!!
This time, we Saw The Jersey Boys. Didn't even know so many songs are by them.

This trip is really such a lazy trip that I did not even take a single photo!....... Although I did lug my DSLR and zoom lens with me..cross the Pacific Ocean, and then across continental USA! I suppose good also la... Less photos to develop as I have yet to develop our December holiday photos with the boys. Speaking of boys... Where are they? With their grandparents back in PJ lor. Mommy and daddy off and away on holiday without them.... H says last December holidays was not a holiday as he was so stressed with the boys constantly fighting o er everything. After this trip, he'll be off to Europe for work again. And I have to continue with my studies...
But until then, we still have few more days of our holiday to enjoy. We are off to Los Angeles now...

3 comments:

mun said...

So syiok pak tor in US. Enjoy LA!

jacss said...

was that the result of traveling too much huh?? see lah, too much of somethg becomes no precious jor, haha :D
enjoy in yr own way lah :P

NomadicMom said...

Mun - Pak tor and also argue! Hahaha...

Jacss - actually hor, I don't wanna go to us again lar, but Hubby wants to ler. So come lor. US really just to shop shop shop!!!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker