Sunday, April 03, 2011

Offshore Engineers.....

Did I mention that I am a trained Chemical Engineer? Before I joined the work force, when I was still a fresh-eyed student, I had dreams of working offshore in an oil rig. The thoughts of working 2 weeks on, and 2 weeks off seems so ideal. But my vivid imagination squashed all those ideas, as I kept thinking about the what-ifs. I kept thinking of my safety.... I mean most oil rigs will be filled with men, and I really didn't fancy to be the only female on the rig. In addition to that, Offshore Accidents can happen and I am a scaredy-cat. What did I do then? I opted to start off in a water and wastewater engineering firm.....

4 comments:

Chew Lee said...

ha.. we have one thing in common.. we studied the same subject.. :)

christene said...

one of my best friends, Arthur, is a geogologist (did I spell it right?) He hardly see his family, and is at oil rigs at remote places all the time. Money seems good though, I see him buying investment after investments almost every year. haha.

NomadicMom said...

Chew Lee - and now not doing anything with it!

Christene - Geologist
Sure good err otherwise where got people wanna go to god-firsaken place ler

Chew Lee said...

ha.. we have another thing in common again - not doing anything with it.. :) and we are SAHMs.. 3 things in common...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker