Thursday, April 21, 2011

Leaving the City of Angels...

It has come to the end of our trip. Time does fly real quick. And in about an hour and a half, we will depart from LAX.
Didn't do much here either... Other than SHOP SHOP SHOP!!
I tell you ah...America is one big big big shopping mall. Laundryamah will go crazy when she cones later this year for her Laundry convention!!!
We went to the Caramillo Premium Outlets on Monday (The same company is opening up in Johor in November 2011!) and Banana Republic had shirts going for 13 dollars! Some dresses for 20 dollars!! Timberland shoes from 30 dollars!! And when we were at Beverly Center yesterday (Tuesday), I saw a pair of Banana Republic trousers at the retail shop at 8.97! And it's another 40% off! 5 dollars for Banana Republic trousers??? Where can find such deals in Asia???
And scrapbooking stuff... Said I wasn't gonna buy anything but of course I did. But not that much la..just 3 DCWV stacks, some Stickles, and punches. So basically, this was a shopping trip ...YIKES! As if I dont have enough things to pack when I move house!!
Errrr GILA us also bought hand soap from Bath and Body Works, plus shower gels and lotions. Not forgetting the vitamins for the boys...
And a Kate Spade handbag for MIL's birthday....and one for moi.....
Really cannot shop anymore... I supposed we did the right thing when we turned down the job in Dallas, otherwise ALL we do will be Shopping! haha....
Okay lah... Later

5 comments:

chewlee said...

the last time I was in the US, which is about 8 yrs ago, i didnt find shopping so cheap there... will go to the states for a holiday soon.. perhaps next year... you have fun... enjoy your holiday.. I am still waiting for my turn - to go on a holiday w/o kids...

mun said...

Wah, bought so many things - shower gels and hand lotions are heavy - did you need to buy more luggage bags to put those things in? :)

sting said...

hahaha... I love to read about your shopping trips.. I think it's your way of saying "wish you were here"!! :-D

jacss said...

i think if i hv a chance to be there, i'll shop till drop too... esp so if going with laundryamah :P

NomadicMom said...

Hi. Hi. Sorry all. Been so busy that I had absolutely NO time to check on my blog NOR to blog hop.

CL - You have to choose the right season, so that when you go to the factory outlets, you get discounts on-top of already discounted items, PLUS the stuff are of the right type of seasons for you.

Mun - Nope. We went with almost empty bags. But if you fly from US, it by pieces ma. 2 luggage per person. And I think max weight per bag is 32 kg.

Sting - Yeah Yeah. If I come with girlfriends, I probably will tell them to BUY BUY BUY. Even if I am not buying, I like to see people buy things...especially those in a set. Heheheh

jacss - She sure go GILA lah. But then she is going to Korea. And they have quite a few Premium Outlets. Enough to make her go gila lah.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker