Friday, February 01, 2013

School: Term 1 begins....

Don't wanna sound like a broken record... but TIME really does fly. Doesn't it??

Anyway, school started yesterday (Thursday, 31st January 2013).
Boys are now going to school at different times!
S1 has been 'promoted' to High School and school starts at 8.10 am.
S2, who's in the Middle School starts at 9.00 am.
So the last two days, I've done two school runs in the morning. Not too bad lah... since school is only 5 minutes away.

What about dismissal?
ALAMAK. Also different times! I can't keep track... and S1 has volunteered to walk home from school.... except for Thursdays. We'll have to fine tune our pick-up/drop-off times in weeks to come, once we have a better idea on everyone's schedules and activities.

So how were the two days at school?
Both of them complained that they didn't like this teacher and that teacher etc etc.
S1 said "I don't like my English or Maths teacher".
Obviously, I asked why.
"Donno how to explain. But my Maths teacher is like YOU"
"What? What do you mean by saying you don't like her...because she is like me?"
You know why?? Because she was STRICT and gave the class homework on the first day.
That sure was mighty good news to this mom!
I like this teacher already!
S1 has to realise that he is now in High School and teachers do expect more responsibilities and more discipline.

Funny how the teachers they like, we don't like.
And the teachers they dislike, we like!


No comments:

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker