Wednesday, April 29, 2009

MIA??

No lah. 
I've not gone MISSING-IN-ACTION.
Have just been lazzzzeeeeeeeee....

Anyway, here are some updates....

Yr 4 Residential
My S2 was away at Lido Lakes for 3 days/2 nights with his year group as part of their curriculum from Wed, 22 April to Fri, 24 April. I didn't go to school to send him off (YES. Bad Mommy!)... put him on the school bus on Wed morning. But did pick him up from school on Friday. 
He was pretty excited to go on the trip. This is quite a contrast with last year's overnight Residential, whereby he was quite hesitant. 
He really enjoyed himself with all the activities.... plus being able to share a room with two of his good friends. I can imagine all the chattering after lights out.

First Time...
...in a mosque. 
What were you thinking?
My fortnightly Explorers' Group arranged for a talk on Islam in a mosque last Wed (that's why I couldn't send S2 off for his school trip. Yes. Yes. Excuses. Excuses. A Bad Mommy always comes up with excuses..). 
Though the talk created more questions than answers, at least I've seen the inside of a real, working mosque. 

Driver Mishap
Our driver lost his wallet on Friday....thus NO ID nor Driving License.
So how like that?
Had to let him go report and replace the lost items lah.
With no driver, the taxis were my friend...... lucky the taxis here are quite reliable and cheap.

Blabbermouth
Who else? But my S2.
Supposed to have a mini-grill dinner out on the terrace on Friday nite. With no driver, it was quite a hassle to do the grocery shopping. As our mind was quite set for a grill dinner, we went to one of the local hotels (we sorta got lost...as H drove) famed for it's BBQ buffet....and chanced upon some friends. So we had to sit and eat together. Towards dessert, H actually sent me a text to tell me that he doesn't want to wait for everyone to finish as he has a headache. Yes. He sent a text...so that it could be inconspicuous. BUT....my Mr. Blabbermouth came running to me and said "Dad said that he hopes that we don't have to wait for everyone to finish dinner. He wants to go home already... He said he has a headache"....within earshot of a few of the friends. Aduh! I had to shush him up. But at least he did say that his dad has a headache! 
And then he went to his dad and said "Dad. I was faster than you sms to mom".
*sigh*....

Close Shop
Our regular tennis courts will cease operation tomorrow.... 
We'll have to search for a new location for our weekly Sunday game... Have to keep this up as we need the exercise, plus I do quite enjoy playing. S2 too. Think he's more like his dad.... Unlike me.... H says that my left hand is like somewhat retarded. hahahah
S1's not too keen. But have to force him to come and do some exercise...otherwise play computer games whole day only. 

Like Market...
Put a group of ladies together, and the whole place will sound like a market!
This was how my house was like this morning.
Hosted a coffee morning....with about 14 ladies.
Waliow! Louder than my sons!


6 comments:

sting said...

hahaha.. S2 so cute! good thing he didn't something "worst"! and it was daddy! :-)

stay-at-home mum said...

S2 is the typical lil boy!!

Mamapumpkin said...

Haha...how old is S2??

NomadicMom said...

Sting - If he did, I really donno where to put my face!

SAHM - Cheekier than a typical one though...

Big Pumpkin - He's 9.

WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

So funny reading about S2. I guess he was trying to compete with sms. ha ha ha.

NomadicMom said...

WMD - This S2 is the No.1 Ah Patt!!!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker