Monday, April 20, 2009

What did we do in HK????

Did we go to Disneyland?
Did we go to Ocean Park?
Did we go Shopping?

The answer is NO. NO. NO.

Hahhahahaha... So. What did we do?

EAT. EAT. EAT. What else??

Hahhahaha.. So, now have to go to the gym and kam-sik to get rid of the extra kilos!

What did I eat??
Mmm...Let me try to recall.....

- Roast Goose, Roast Pork plus others on the first night
- Fried Lala, Steam Scallops and Thong-Sui @ Causeway Bay for first night's supper
- McDonald's @ The Peak (what to do? Have to please boys)
- Cakes and Coffee @ The Peak Lookout
- Homemade Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Dim Sum @ Chung's Cuisine, Times Square
- Lovely bubbly by the harbour @ Harbour City
- Fresh Singapore Crabs, Stir-fried clams, Steamed Giant Scallops, Steamed Flower Crab... cooked by our gracious host, Mr. L
- Some funny kuih and Lunch @ Cheung Chau Island
- Starter Platter, Mixed Grill, Seafood etc @ Top Deck
- Dessert Buffet @ The Aberdeen Marina Club
- Noodles, Xiao Long Pao, Drunken Chicken and donno-what @ Flower Trump
- Vietnamese Beef Noodles and Spring Rolls @ Rice-Paper, Harbour City
- Afternoon Tea @ Cafe Landmark (got thrown out of The Peninsula!!!)
- Homemade Sukiyaki
- Noodle Soup @ The Airport (S1 had this MEGA-EXPENSIVE Hainanese Chicken Rice. Had a shock when I found out the price. It was HKD 138/!!! GILA!!!!)

I'm sure you all wanna know why I got thrown out of The Peninsula. Heee Hee...
All because of my sparkly slippers... The hoity-toity people at The Peninsula have a rule against slippers, flip-flops etc wor. My friend, C kept on saying "I see Nine West over there, why don't you go and buy a pair of shoes?". Aduh. I am certainly not going to spend money on a pair of shoes just to give The Peninsula my business lah. 
Actually, as soon as I entered the hotel lobby, I was a little surprised to see tables on either side of the entrance. People having tea RIGHT at the lobby.... dining on normal tables and chairs. You see. I had expected something quite different. Something like Tea @ The Oriental in Bangkok... Or maybe in more secluded area with comfortable plush sofas. So this was quite potong-steam lah. And then I saw the queue. Lagi potong-steam. Then I asked C if we should queue or just go somewhere else. C said that we should just queue since I've been looking forward to Afternoon Tea @ The Peninsula. As we were queuing, some guy came over and informed me that my slippers were a NO-NO. So we left lah. No big deal (I guessed I would be disappointed if the place was as per what I have imagined....But I guessed my glass of bubbly during lunch helped too!!! Hahhaha). Went to Cafe Landmark and have Afternoon Tea instead....Yes. I had a comfy soft booth-seat!

Some photos...


Check-Out these Giant Scallops

Stall Vendor Shucking the Giant Scallops

Giant Scallops ready to be Steamed


Molten Chocolate Cake @ The Peak LookOut

The Peak LookOut

Walking Up to A Bus Stop from The Peak Tram Station

More about our trip later...


11 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

Were you really wearing slippers? or sandals? Usually ladies can get away with it if slippers got a bit of heels, or are sparkly. can pass it off as sandals!

Sure miss the roast goose there!!

Sounds like it was a fantastic makan trip!!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Wow, it was like an eating spree in HK. I want to taste those steamed giant clams too! They are really huge!

Irene said...

walaoh... fooooooooood oh glorious fooooood!

wen said...

HK is one of the place to search for good food. but am surprise u didnt try losing weight by screaming ur lungs out in ocean park! haha!

Mamapumpkin said...

This is making me hungry. Yah...me too, if they kick me out for wearing slippers, I won't be so desperate to go. I hate attitude like that. Those look like mussels more than clams!!!

laundryamah said...

but have u guys been to Disneyland wor? If not..hmm..the boys not keen meh? Strange..but I guess girls wud be more interested hor..

I am Princess Misha's Mum said...

hahaha .. kena tendang keluar pulak .. sigh .. they stupid lar .. did not see you properly .. RICH tai tai .. they also dare to kick out .. stupid pp hahaha .. hilang one business pulak :)

mommy of 3 angels said...

i wanna go HK too....

the food photos are soooo tempting.

KittyCat said...

Hmm...super expensive designer LV-logo everywhere slippers also cannot? LOL

I am tempted to go back to HK for food this summer too and one last shopping fling before the baby comes!!!

Anonymous said...

luckily you didn;t have to wait in queue all the way to the front only to have them tell you then that you can't wear slippers in :) Would be so mega-pissed man

v

NomadicMom said...

SAHM - Mmm..What is the official definition of slippers or sandals? Will show you the CULPRIT and you can tell me whether do you define them as slippers or sandals. :-)


HealthFreakMommy - Actually hor, those GIANT ones are very tough lah...That's why they were selling at only HKD 7 each. Heee hee...

Irene - That's why must KAM FEI now..

Wen - Boys prefer to go swimming rather than Ocean Park!

Big Pumpkin - Yeah. Not so hadap to go lah..
Actually, donno what those GIANT shellfish thingy are lah...

Laundryamah - Took boys to Disneyland last year liow...and they didn't really like it. Preferred Ocean Park lor.

Misha's Mum - They certainly don't need my business lah. The Q sooooo long.

M3Angels - Should have taken more food photos...but too WAI SIK lah.

Kittycat - Hey. Didn't know you preggers...since your blog name has the "pause" in it... Hee hee.
CONGRATS though!

V - Oh. If only tell me after queuing MEGA long, I would be pissed for sure!!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker