Thursday, June 25, 2009

HCMC - Part 2 - Mekong River Delta

We had a half-day tour to the Mekong River Delta on Saturday, 20th June.

The journey from our hotel took almost 2 hours to 'My Tho'. The distance was not a problem. It's the humps and bumps that we had to encounter. The roads are pretty bad....and sitting in a van certainly was not comfortable. Felt like we all had whip-lash!!!

As it was raining cats and dogs on arrival at 'My Tho', there was absolutely no way that we could board the sightseeing boats. As the tour was just for the 6 of us, we could amend the schedule a wee bit. We went for lunch first instead. We had all sorts of seafood or should I say riverfood?? for lunch. Thankfully, the rain stopped when our stomachs were filled. :-)

Here are some photos....

This is where we had our toilet stop...

On Arrival at My Tho

At the River, boarding our Sightseeing Boat

Fisherman with his Catch


Arrival at a Small Island
Cottage Industry - Coconut Candy Making

We had a pony ride...

Then we took small sampans ...

Our guide

Our Boater

Actually, the sampans are motorised, they just turned it off and row with the oars for this bunch of "sann-pah" cityfolks. The moment they took us to our sightseeing boat, they turned on their motors and zoomed off!

Okay. Tired liow... more tmrw.

3 comments:

wen said...

how is it over there? wonder if i shd go but dont know if there are some nice places of interests which i like to visit or not

NomadicMom said...

Wen - Mmm... This one is a difficult question. Some ppl absolutely loved it. Some don't. It's like Malaysia maybe 40 years ago (in my opinion lah). They do have some quaint French places, left over from the colonial times. I personally think one visit is enough for me lah...

Anonymous said...

This is my first post I'd like to thank you for such a terrific quality site!
I was sure this would be a perfect way to introduce myself!

Sincerely,
Robin Toby
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/finding-nemo-party-supplies.html]finding nemo Party Supplies[/url].

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker