Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Tired....

Been so very tired lately..... thus the absence of posts from 'ole me. Since my maid left, I've become the maid. H says that I probably don't know...but everyday, I have a SOUR FACE that he has to face!! Urged me to get a full-time permanent maid. But I don't think it makes sense since boys and I will be going back to Malaysia for summer for at least 3 weeks. I don't want to have a new maid, and then leave her in my empty house. H kept saying that he will be around. But he'll be at work though....so not much help is it?

Anyway, I did have a part-timer come in last Sunday and today. Told her to come again on Thursday. One thing good is that she is quite flexi with her hours, as she sells rice in the morning, and she's free from 9 am. So as and when I want her to come in, she can. She seems alright and quite efficient. She did clean 2 bathrooms, mop the whole house plus the terrace outside. Also ironed a big basket of clothes, wiped the glass doors, cleaned-out my BBQ set, washed the floor mats and swept the gardens all inside 4 hours.

Hopefully, with the part-timer sorted out, I can have more time to do other things...like H's birthday present! I have to hurry and finish his present (a painting of the Assyrian Lion from the Ishtar Gate)...before I leave for my girly holiday next week. Ahhh....yes. Don't think I've mentioned before. I am actually flying back to KUL on Wed, 17th, to join my girlfriends for our annual girly trip on Fri, 19th. This time, we are going to Saigon. And yes. My trip is paid for by the generous birthday girl again! I fly back to KUL on the 22nd, stay overnight and then fly back home. In time for H's 40th the next day. Talk about JUST IN TIME!! ...that is if our flights don't get delayed BAD!

I actually forgot that I am going away and there's NO maid.... until my mom texted me the other day asking what's happening with boys while I'm away...since there is NO maid. I checked with H and he said he CAN manage. He will even wake up early to make breakfasts for the boys, and be back home to before boys get home by bus. BUT BUT..... what about laundry? Boys only have limited sets of uniforms. H again said NOT to worry. He'll sort it out. I guessed he can send the laundry to the 'Laundry by the Kilo' shop. Don't think can wait for the part-timer since she won't be coming in so often.... Anyway, I'm sure he'll be able to manage lah...

Tired also because we had guests from Malaysia. Family of 5. Went to the airport on Friday to pick them up, dinner and some shopping. Saturday, took them to SeaWorld, then a mini-theme park and some shopping. Sunday, brunch then more shopping, and finally BBQ at home. Monday, breakfast at Social House then to Kidzania... I didn't send them to the airport as boys had Mandarin and I had to rush home to open doors for the boys.

Ok lah. Abit lazy now..... Nitey Nite.

6 comments:

wen said...

ya, there's no point having a maid while u r away. might as well tahan a bit and then get a new one when the holiday is over

Jonzz said...

Wow, you have such a busy schedule... all that travelling... can we trade, KA KA KA

stay-at-home mum said...

When you come back, you will be all rested and smiling, and H may end up being the one with the SOUR face!! Why dont you tell part-timer to come more often like 3 to 4 times a week, even when you are away??

You are so lucky, H didnt tell you to skip that trip!!

laundryamah said...

wah ur temp maid so the efficient! give her a pay to get her to quit her other business to work for u la! hahahhaha

DQ said...

Your husband is so sweet - letting you go for the trip while he manages the boys and all! You better paint the picture nice nice for him... :D

Have a good trip!

NomadicMom said...

Wen - Yeah I agree. Only problem is that when i come back, it might be a bit difficult to find maid as usually maids only come back out to the big city to work after Hari Raya...

Jonzz - Where got all the travelling? Not that much what!

SAHM - Don't want to leave the part-timer with the house keys leh...

Laundryamah - Donwan lah. At least now, I can get her to come in whenever I am without a maid. Skali she come work for me full-time, I fried-sotong her liow, nobody to come in wor...

DQ - His painting really very very tedious to do. Paint until my back ache liow...and still not finished!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker