Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Buy Rubbish??

Remember that I mentioned that our rental car was packed to the brim with our luggage in my older post? Well, we went with 2 large checked-in luggage and 3 hand-carry trolley bags. Basically, what we did was to put a mid-size luggage bag into a larger size one, and also had an empty soft canvas bag. By the time we left, we had 5 pieces of checked-in bags and 3 hand-carry trolley bags. This is not counting the 3 boys' knapsacks and my handbag.

Here are some of the stuff that we lugged back....

Some of my Scrapbooking Albums

Don't dare to show you all my scrapbooking stash. A bit shy to show.... didn't realise how much I bought until I tried to unload the bags and put the things away. Didn't have any space... had to re-organise everything. Basically, I bought about 7 paper stacks, 4 albums + refill pages, Slice Electronic Cutter, Slice Design Cards, Embossing Tips, Slice 12x12 hands-free Glass Mat, Adhesive Sprays, Adhesive tapes, Embellishments (Jolee's Stickers, etc), Acrylic Stamps, Ink Pads, Heat Gun, Embossing Powder.... Sis No.2 said that I have supplies to last me 10 years. Hahahaha

Leftover Stuff...
Other than the Reese Ice-Cream Topper, we sere supposed to eat the other stuff but didn't managed to.


Wilton Gel Colours, Sparkly Powder and Vanilla Extract


Leaf-Shaped Pie Crust Cutters
These were majorly discounted ..from $13 to $3!!


Cupcake Liners and Toppers
Again...discounted to $3!!! From about $13!


Fat Burners
With all the binging... Must get some of these lah! They are for both H and I

Easy-to-Bake Biscuits and Butterscotch Chips
We love the freshly baked warm cheesy biscuits at The Red Lobster. Let's see if these will be the same!



The Three Boys' Junk Food
Need to ration these...otherwise they will go crazy. Bought extra for S2's Birthday, which is coming up in a month's time.

Pine Nuts
For our salads. It's so expensive here

MY Cup...
I am the Princess!


The boys' Range of Souvenir Cups
Actually... more of S2's



S2's Spongebob Bottle
This is really really HUGE!

Pork Stock Cubes from Taipei

Miscellaneous Snacks fron Taipei

Then there's the 10 books S1 bought, the 2 discounted board games, the two Old Navy Jackets, for the boys, H's Leather Jacket and Banana Republic Stuff, the Gap Sweaters, The Shoes (Puma for S1, El-Cheapo Walmart Shoes for S2, My Ugg), Blue Man Group DVD and CDs (gila boys lah!), S1's Indiana Jones Hat etc etc etc. And the icing on the cake is of course my Xmas Pressie... A Tod's Handbag :-)


11 comments:

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

I think it's reasonable lah, considering the place you went and the number of people. The last time I went to NY, I had to buy a big Samsonite duffel bag before my 2 big suitcases were filled to the brim.

Anonymous said...

Can't believe you got an ugg!

Kl

NomadicMom said...

Bryan and Brandon's Mama - Now I don't feel so bad lah hor. Since four of us, we could have 8 pieces of 23 kg bags!

KL - Eh. Initially also I thought why would I need an UGG? But then hor, it was really blardy cold when we were there. And besides, think my UGG will come in handy very very soon... :-) :-(

Anonymous said...

Yes, will definitely need your Uggs if you go to Warsaw. We plan to go visit you in June 2012. If you move there, that is! :-)

D

Angeleyes said...

If I can carry that much I'll be so darn blessed! Too bad I always over packed my luggage which left very little rooms for shopping!!! Must learn to pack light so can shop more!

And when I go with my kiam siap hubby, shopping always has a limit... :(

allthingspurple said...

wow..I love all your loots!! And my girls would love your kid's junkefood and the nerds !

Anonymous said...

Haiyo! Why no photo of the bag??? Potong steam!

Banana said...

What a good haul!!! I would have bought all the scrapbook stuff, the baking stuff and of course, the candy too - drooling like crazy now LOL

Taipei pork stock cubes??? This I don't understand.

Hubby bought me a pack of beans like the ones you have in the pic. What do I do with them? Eat them like that or cook them? They look so strange esp as they are multi-coloured. I dare not open them!

LittleLamb said...

all food geh except for the last few??? no handbags , shoes, corningware

NomadicMom said...

D - aiya. Espoo, Warsaw?? Or even Jakarta. I donno la. All depends on H. He ask me to decide... Of course I can't decide for him when it comes to his job and career

Angeleyes - I pack more in my bags on my way there one ... But my H will always take things out so that we have room to buy stuff!

Allthingspurple - I am still hiding all the Nerds... Hehe

Anonymous - ok. Ok. Will post a photo soon...

Banana - eh,.. Pork bones in soup so much better than chicken bones! So naturally pork stock cubes are better! Bought them in Taipei cause it was just there...no need to search high and low. Over here...probably very difficult to find them.
Which ball like things? Some are quail eggs and some are the tapioca "balls" for those Taiwanese milk tea.

Little lamb - no corning ware la. Will post my uggs and handbag later..okay??

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker