Thursday, January 27, 2011

Cannot "say good things"...

Really cannot "say good things" about the hired help... cause the moment you do, you will jinx it and they will go and do something stupid or something to p!ss you off.

I was just saying that she is quite "smart" cause when we came back from our holiday, not only had she cleaned the house and changed the sheets, she had cut flowers from my garden for my living room and even bought flowers with her own money for my dining room.

And then what do you know? A week later, she got "caught" for being lazy. She was just too lazy to hang out the bed sheets eventhough the sun was shining. She just unloaded the washing machine and straight-away pop them into the adjacent dryer. Easy right? No need to lug the bundles out, open the sheets and hang it over the clothes racks. No need to secure the pillow cases with clothes pegs. So senang. I was home that day and so happens was in the kitchen... wondering why my dryer was on. I have given strict instructions that the dryer is NOT to be used unles it is raining heavily. Even then, I do not allow the clothes to go straight from the washing machine to the dryer. Here she is... doing so when the sun was shining. You say I get angry or not? I supposed she has done this before... when I am not around in the house. But abit stoooooopid to do it when I am working in the kitchen, right?
I have friends who have deliberately removed their dryers from their house...because the maids just abuse their usage, and consequently the power bills are exorbitant.

Few times, I caught her having less than half-load in the washing machine. So difficult to just wash by hand meh? It's only the few pieces of the boys' school uniform. I also can wash man. I tell you ah. This maid has the easiest time compared to all my previous maids, especially my maid who worked for me for more than 2 years. She would wash everything by hand except sheets and towels. And at that time, the boys still took lunches to school at least 3 times a week. And that means cooking early in the morning... things like fried rice or noodles, or even roast chicken. And their breakfast were pretty heavy then too... kon-lo-meen, mee suah soup, the works. This one?? Don't even have to make lunches anymore... Breakfast also so simple. Cereals or toasted sandwiches.

And then she had her off day last weekend. Supposed to come back on Sunday afternoon...but texted me to tell me she is sick lah. Fainted lah. And can't come back to work. She didn't turn up on Monday either. I had to text her to ask her when she was coming back, which she replied the next day. You say lah. Real or bluff??? All these people ah, to get out from working can say all sorts of things ..... sometimes the father mother can die 3 or 4 times one.

I tell you ah.... all these maids . Give them an easy life, they will abuse it. They will do their work blindly etc etc. As it is, my kids eat quite simply ... rice with easy stir-fries, fried chicken or simple pastas... as in sauces made from jars. Easy right?
Just today, told her to make pasta for the boys... using the bolognese sauce from the jar, meat, mushrooms and onions. When I came home, she had cut up CHINESE SHITAKE mushrooms. Can you believe it? She has made pastas a thousand times. When did she ever use SHITAKE ah?? Always the fresh button mushrooms. She said she searched everwhere in the fridge and there was none. She didn't even bother to check. It was right in the fridge with the meat that I had bought yesterday. She just simply used some frozen meat. You say lah. Lazy or what?

And when she was making the sauce, she couldn't even saute the mushrooms for a while first...like how I showed her. She just dump the mushrooms in, and then immediately the sauce. Saute a couple of minutes soooooooooooooo difficult meh? Of course I couldn't tahan and had to say her again. If she can't even do pasta sauces from a jar properly, how is she going to make sauces from scratch like how many households require them to be?? Does she want to be JUST a cleaner (the hired help here is segregated generally to cleaners, cooks, nannies, houseboys etc) all her life with low low pay of USD 50 per month????

Alot of times, our dinners are very simple so as to minimize her workload. If I make curries, I use the Malaysian readymade paste. Or if I cook from scratch, I will go to a specific supermarket to buy chillies, garlic, shallots, turmeric, candlenuts etc etc that has been grinded ("giling") so that she doesn't have to do it. So you say lah... Really too easy life or what??
I had to tell her that. I told her that all my friends get their maids to grind the spices by pestle-and-mortar NOT like ME.... buying the ready-ground ones so that she doesn't have to, and she still wants to be lazy. Told her that she is blardy lucky that my kids eat so simply and not that choosy... and won't complain. Unlike my friend with 3 kids...and all of them eating different things. The maid has to cook 3 different foods for the kids and separate ones for the parents. And here she is making pasta sauce from a jar, she also want to short-cut.

I donno lah. It's times like this I really get sooooo sien of maids and wanna do away with them.

BLEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

6 comments:

Anaheim maids said...

Sad to hear your maid is being lazy. I am really ashamed of what she has done. Maids' reputation is not being good. If you are not satisfied with her, then, you can change one and I hope you find a better one.

blee said...

I don't hv maid..i do my own housework.

slavemom said...

Some ppl r jes not appreciative. U gotta remind her often abt how good her life is working for u. Dun 'lou hei' ya.

NomadicMom said...

Anaheim Maids - no guarantees that the next maid will be better. The thought of retraining a new maid is tiring.

Blee - cannot not have maid here. Plus am too lazy. Haha

Slave mom - ya. Told her that.told her that I wanted to increase her salary but had second thoughts now...

mom2ashleyaidan said...

haih! i know what you mean. There isn't a perfect maid and if there is, it's ourselves! Since my maid started to work with us 7 months ago, her FIL fell and died, her dad fell down and cant walk, her mom died, her youngest child fell off the motor bike and had to go for therapy, her husband got a boil on his leg and apparently it is serious and needs operation. All within 7 months. Keng or not? I rest my case!

NomadicMom said...

Eh. Actually.., if we are other people's maid, maybe we will also be slacking! Hahaha
Aiya. All the maids sama-sama one....regardless where they are from

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker