Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I am GUTTED!!!!

You absolutely cannot believe what happened!
You know those Hippo moisture absorbers that come in a Plastic box? The ones that you need to discard after they are filled up with liquids?
Well, they are meant to absorb moisture from the air and protect whatever items that need protection.
In my case, it has been a disaster!!! A disaster that costs thousands of €$$€$.
I have a few in my handbag cupboard...to protect my handbags from the high humidity of this country.
What do you know???
One of these boxes must have cracked and leaked all it's chemical contents onto the shelves.
The result?
Many of my handbags are ruined.
My 2 Ferragamos, a Gucci, a Charles Jourdan, an Aigner, a Celine and a few others.
Yes. I am absolutely GUTTED!
And no. They are NOT salvageable.
The leather on most of the bags are now discolored and the texture has changed so much that it feels like buffalo skin instead of calf's leather! Some of the bags have such a great distortion that even the hunchback of Notre Dame looks a thousand-times better.
The straps on the bags are rock hard..stiff like a rotan!
*sigh*
Something that is meant to protect has actually become the destroyer.
When did it happen?
Don't really know... Must have been a while for such devastating effect.
I found out when I was trying to stow my new Tod's ...felt that the shelves were kinda weird.
And when I took out my bags one by one, I almost fainted. All the distortion was quite hard to take in.
*sigh*
How would you feel if it were to happen to you??

At least all my newer handbags were untouched and thus unharmed.... H helped me to check all of them. I think I would have had a heart attack if my ketupat Bottega Veneta were destroyed. I store these newer ones on the top shelf and my older handbags in the lower shelf. Think the leak was from the top but it flowed down to the next shelf pretty quickly.
Shucks. Devastating....
And yes. I got rid of all the other dehumidifier boxes.

10 comments:

MommyAngel said...

OMG!!! My heart was actually aching as I read on ..... I am actually speechless! *hugs*

mott said...

oh dear.. only one thing to do.. buy, to replace them!!

stay-at-home mum said...

OMG! I feel so heart ache for you. Never mind,now got excuse to buy the latest season bags :)

Kim C said...

Omg. I feel your pain!!!

Mamapumpkin said...

OMG! I use those too! Better go remove them. Have been bugging hubs for the last year to get a proper electric dehumidifier but he's not yet prepared to spend 2k for one.

Ey, your bags can make friends with my bags la. But now yours so dirty, I dunno if my bags wanna friend your bags :-p

Sayang ok? At least its not lives...

NomadicMom said...

MommyAngel - Yeah. D@mn "sum-thung" man!! :-(

Mott - Soon. Soon.

SAHM - No need latest season lah..

Kimz - *sob* *sob*

Mamapumpkin - why your bags so bad? don't want to friend my hunchback bags???
Eh. Tell your hubs the damage those things can do... which will be more $$$ than your RM 2000 electric dehumidifier lah.

coffeesncookies said...

I'd cry.. and I bet you did too.
better throw those darn hyppo thing away. I used them to but I find they make leather shoes 'crack'..
electric humidfiers sometimes comes in rod form.. v cheap to install, def. less than 2k

LittleLamb said...

aiseh...now i know why my leather shoes rosak so fast.... a brand new shoe, hardly worn...less than a yr the skin can crack wor.....

i still so sum tong for u....

slavemom said...

Aiyo... major heartache. A vy expensive lesson indeed.

NomadicMom said...

Coffeencookies - bit difficult to install when this is not my house ker...

Littkelamb - very very sum thong indeed!

Slave mom - I should have known better when H spilt some onto the shelves a year earlier,,, but as it was a different shelf, didn't think about it...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker