Monday, January 31, 2011

Scrapbooking Stash from the States - Part 1

My sister, D said "I'm sure your scrapbooking stuff will last you TEN years!" when we walked into her Singapore apartment with our luggage... After looking at my recent purchases, I think maybe she is right! Hahahha... No lah. If I really scrap all my photos, including the baby ones...I'm sure I won't have enough stuff. I've mentioned the recent 'stash' here and here. My eBay purchases were sent to our hotel in Cerritos... and when the concierge came into our room and said "you have NINE packages", H was a bit surprised. :-) He knew that I was bidding like a mad woman, he just didn't know that there would be 9 packages. Actually, should be 10 but there was this stupid woman who goes round cheating people (but eBay refunded my money quite quickly...) on eBay. She takes people's money but never send off the stuff. So have to be careful when purchasing on eBay... but most sellers are genuine and their prices are generally much much lower than retail...

Anyway, here is Part 1 of my purchases... (Please don't say I GILA...)

12x12 DCWV Paper Stacks
These were on Sale @ USD 9.99 each + tax. All the designs were so nice.... Every stack I see I want. I had to leave soooooooo many lovely stacks behind. I just couldn't take them all back. I'm sure each stack is about 1 kg!


More DCWV Paper Stacks, 2 Pioneer Albums and Refills


Making Memories Value Pack
Not sure if I have everything here... but the value pack of miscellaneous stuff was going for USD 9.99 at Michael's. Some of the things in there I also donno what they are...like grommets. Apa tu??



DCWV Album Kit
This was a great deal...think I only paid $14 or something like that at Michael's...
Another DCWV Album Kit


Inkadinkadoo Stamps

These were from eBay...
Ink Stamps
Also from eBay


Double Sided Tape, Ink Blending Tool, Misc Ribbons
Can't remember if they were from Joann's or Michael's

Martha Steward Embossing Powders & Heat Gun
From eBay..


3 Packs of Perfect Pearls Powder
From eBaY...

Glazed Brads
From eBay...but these weren't deals. In fact, think I overpaid for them. Bleah!

Part 2 will be my SLICE cutter, 12x12 glass mat, SLICE design cards, SLICE pens and embossing tips and other embellishments (Jolee's stickers, chipboards etc)...

Will post the pix if I am not too lazy....

5 comments:

Kim C said...

OMG, just salivating all over my computer! Love DCWV stacks! USD9.99??? Basket, here the cheapest I can find is RM118! Love the linen and lace one!!! I think grommets are something like eyelets. You can set it with the Crop-A-Dile Big Bite II if you have one! Basic Grey brads! Wonderful!!

sting said...

oh wow!!! that's a lot... and so lovely too... and it's only Part 1?! :-)

LittleLamb said...

sorry ar...when i saw ur scrapbooking stuff..i got sleepy ..maybe i hv no interest in this area YET!

Anonymous said...

Drool, if I saw dcwv paper for that low price, I will faint!
They're so pricey here that I don't even dare to usevwhat little I have. Haha.

Grommets like big brads with more teeth to grip paper. Never really used them.

Kl

NomadicMom said...

Kim C - Wah... you very "keng". I took out the packaging liow and you still know that those brads are from Basic Grey!
Nope. Don't have the Crop-A-Dile thingy...

Sting - A bit crazy, I know!

Little Lamb - Better do NOT have interest in this area... Once you start, you cannot stop buying those lovely papers and embellishments. Very "choong pei" hobby.

KL - Still don't know what to do with those grommets. Think I will have to buy the special tool to fix it onto the paper. More buying???
Yeah. The papers soooooooooo pretty. SOmetimes also "mm sher takk" to use them.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker